What can I put in my coffee??

Options
2»

Replies

• SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have an espresso machine that was a gift for my birthday (and yay does it get lots of use)... I've dearly missed Starbucks since moving to Guam, and this gives me the foo-foo coffee fix... I do one shot of espresso, with about 1/3 cup steamy frothy milk, 1 tsp agave nectar and 1/2 -1 tsp vanilla extract... sometimes I'll sprinkle the top with cinnamon too... but it makes a nice tasty coffee drink under 100 calories (and not nearly as costly as cafe purchased coffee...)

I tried the coffee syrups before.. but most items like that actually wind up making me ill... I can't do fake sweeteners at all without feeling sick within minutes of ingesting it... sooo - honey, agave, or raw sugar for me... My husband can drink the coffee with syrups added though (so i'll swap out the agave for the coffee syrup we picked up, for his drink) - he's also mildly lactose intolerant, so I'll swap out regular milk for almond or rice milk for his coffee :-)
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    easy fix.... Folgers, and Coffee Mate sugar free creamer, coffee costs cents not $5.

I agree. This is exactly what I drink. Folgers with Coffee Mate sugar fee vanilla carmel. Works for me, and I don't spend all that money.
  • danielley08
    Options
    I have the Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel powder creamer sitting here with me at work...Nut Facts:

1 Serving: 1 TBSP
    Calories: 30
    Total Fat: 2.5 g
    Sat Fat: 2 g
    Trans Fat: 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g
    Monounsaturated Fat: 0 g
    Cholesterol: 0 mg
    Sodium 15 mg
    Total Carbs: 2 g
    Sugars: 0 g
    Protein: 0 g

1 TSP is equal to 0.33 TBSP...so you could do 2 TSP of creamer for only 19.8 cals! Sounds like a winner to me!
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I add spices like pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, it is yummy!