eating habits in men and women.

Options
Ive just been talking about this one and it seems to me that If i eat a large meal at night , it wil show up on the scales in the morning, but this rarely happens to my hubbys, So what about you all out there, men v woman, does this happen alot???????????????

Replies

• rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    If I eat a lot of sodium for lunch or dinner I see a water gain. I sometimes see a water gain when I lift the night before and don't drink enough water. Amazingly, booze does not cause a gain for me.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Not for me, no. I only eat twice a day, and the second meal is often after 9PM, and I have absolutely no problem losing weight doing that. My boyfriend eats at the same time (and more frequently during the day since he needs more calories) and can still lose weight. I don't think it has anything to do with biological sex at all.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Not for me, no. I only eat twice a day, and the second meal is often after 9PM, and I have absolutely no problem losing weight doing that. My boyfriend eats at the same time (and more frequently during the day since he needs more calories) and can still lose weight. I don't think it has anything to do with biological sex at all.
    Your lucky then , for as long as ive weighed myslelf this always happens to me.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I'm usually home from a workout at 7ish, so I eat a post workout shake, dinner, and then a prebed meal on those days.

No issue whatsoever.

I also drink so much water that my first urination in the morning is still clear though...
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    This one is more of a person to person thing, not a gender thing. If my hubby eats a big meal the night before weighing in, it shows up the next morning then disappears later in the day. However, I can get my piggy on and not have it show up the next morning. It really just has to do with individual body chemistry and digestive schedules.
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Same as Rose - lots of sodium will equal a water spike for me. Sometimes it is hard to avoid (i.e. eating out) but it will average out.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Your lucky then , for as long as ive weighed myslelf this always happens to me.
    But that doesn't mean it has anything to do with the fact that you're a woman. It could be for a million other reasons. You know that you, as an individual, experience this effect. So you can do a few things with that information. You can stop eating at night if you don't like seeing the effect on your weight the next morning. You could do it and then just keep it in mind when you do see the gain the next day. Or you could just forgo weighing the morning after you eat late so you don't get discouraged at the number. It's really up to you what option to go with; pick whatever will make you the happiest (or the least discouraged anyway).
  • hazelovesfood
    Options
    This one is more of a person to person thing, not a gender thing. If my hubby eats a big meal the night before weighing in, it shows up the next morning then disappears later in the day. However, I can get my piggy on and not have it show up the next morning. It really just has to do with individual body chemistry and digestive schedules.
    Well at least it does happent to other people, it use dto always happen after sunday dinner, when i would eat a big plate of veg and meat, you would think it wouldnt since this is healthy but hey ho lol
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options
    Well at least it does happent to other people, it use dto always happen after sunday dinner, when i would eat a big plate of veg and meat, you would think it wouldnt since this is healthy but hey ho lol

It just sounds like you have a slower digestive track than some people, which is totally fine. My husband actually has started weighing later in the day, like right after he eats breakfast, and he's actually seeing better results on the scale.

One thing that worked for me, is way yourself consistently through the day for a whole day (or two) to see when you're at your lowest. That's the time of day when all the sleep bloat is gone and food isn't affecting your weigh in. From thereon, weigh at that magical time. That's what I do.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options

Just read the "Sunday" part. I never weigh after weekend (mainly because I switch to maintenance on those days so I can fit in some of my cravings that I had throughout the week). I always weigh on Friday morning. If you notice there's one day that you eat more, don't weigh after that day.
  • hazelovesfood
    Options

It just sounds like you have a slower digestive track than some people, which is totally fine. My husband actually has started weighing later in the day, like right after he eats breakfast, and he's actually seeing better results on the scale.

One thing that worked for me, is way yourself consistently through the day for a whole day (or two) to see when you're at your lowest. That's the time of day when all the sleep bloat is gone and food isn't affecting your weigh in. From thereon, weigh at that magical time. That's what I do.
    cool idea, bet mine will go up and up lol