Breaking 4 hrs at the MCM

Options
Hi my name is Dave, I am 47, 5 Ft 7 inches and weigh-in at about 168. I am a dedicated runner and recently got back into my other passion....weight lifting. I decided I needed to slim down and cut down on the body fat while putting on a little lean muscle. I am hoping with this program I will make smarter choices when it comes to eating. I Don't feel like I am really fat (less then 20% BF), just feel that I could run faster and have more energy if I lose about 12-15 lbs. I would like to get down to about 155 prior to the Marine Corps Marathon (MCM) on 28 Oct. This is my 4th full marathon and I really want to break 4 hours. Best to date is 4 hrs and 13 min which I ran back in April of this year. I recently started back to the gym (9th of July) and I have signed up for a marathon training group which meets 3 times a week. My problem is not exercising since I run 5 days a week (41 miles this week) and lift 4 times a week. I will admit that I am caught somewhere between being a body builder and runner.....and I am not willing to give up on either. My problem is eating right and portion control.....this is where I will focus my energy and hopefully meet both of my goals (155/under 4 hrs) by the end of October. Thanks for taking the time to say hi and welcoming me!!!!

Stay Strong!!!

Dave