Men's weight loss journey (to encourage my husband)

Options
I am trying to keep my husband encouraged. I know personally seeing before and after pictures of other women like me really kept me motivated. I know if he sees that other men with busy lives like him can do it so can he.

Replies

• gabrie85
    Options
    Thank you
  • Melodeon_legs
    Melodeon_legs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd say most of us guys really like seeing how great the ladies do, and I really do! But being a 300+ guy it's the success stories from the (former) big guys that would be great to see a bit more off. Get your husband to look for a guy called Ed Davenport...this man I think is a legend, an inspiration to anyone that is looking to see a lifetime change. His story and others like him really are what drives the inspiration in all of that are trying to make a change.
    Good luck.
  • MaybeAMonkey
    Options
    Wow, Madroch - that is a great change! You look so healthy and buff! Thanks for sharing your photos, I can't wait to show my fiancé!
  • MountainManMatt
    Options
    I lost 80 lbs in just over a year without killing myself at the gym I didn't try to starve myself either. I posted the following success story if you're interested. Good Luck!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/688874-lost-80-lbs-gained-a-new-life

beforeafter640x528550x454.jpg
  • Ilovetrish
    Options
    I'd love to show my husband this. More success stories, the better. We just started our journey to fit and these posts really help.
  • DirtyStacks
    DirtyStacks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Started Feb 9. I will hit 100 lb lost in a week or two if I stay on course. Onederland is about 3-4 weeks away. I hope to hit goal by Thanksgiving.

I know how pics can motivate, they motivate me!

75down.jpg

a8b4ad65.jpg
  • gabrie85
    Options
    GREAT! THANKS GUYS! YOU ALL LOOK GREAT!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    206 to 130.

2ues0au.jpg
    2d006mq.jpg
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    This is an older one of me. It's not quite an 'after' but moreso a 'during'. I maintained around that weight for a while, slowly went up. I started lifting weights and putting on some muscle and now I'm cutting down on fat again and will have another progress shot soon enough.

pat-beforeafter.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!