dieting in MY DREAMS!!!

Options
haha, so this is funny:

lately I've been having these dreams - or nightmares really - where i'm locked in a candy or cupcake store and i can't stop myself from pigging out. Last night it was fanny may and chocolate covered nuts. I always wake up thinking, OMG i ruined my diet again! WHYYYYYYYY! and have to shake myself out of it. Anything like that happen to anyone else?

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    yes, but its with cigarettes, sometimes food, but mostly cigarettes!!!!
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    That hasn't happened to me yet! Do you take a meal or a day off each week? Even if you don't do it every week, every few weeks might help you stop having those crazy dreams. I have a free night on the day I weigh myself, and I have whatever I've been craving for the week. I have a feeling this Saturday it's going to be my favorite local pizza buffet. I've heard it's good for your metabolism to have a little boost like that every once in a while too.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    That hasn't happened to me yet! Do you take a meal or a day off each week? Even if you don't do it every week, every few weeks might help you stop having those crazy dreams. I have a free night on the day I weigh myself, and I have whatever I've been craving for the week. I have a feeling this Saturday it's going to be my favorite local pizza buffet. I've heard it's good for your metabolism to have a little boost like that every once in a while too.

My weigh in day is my cheat day, too - I figure I've already weighed for the week & whatever I eat that day (tho its usually not much) won't directly affect my weight for the next week. :smile: Glad to know I'm not alone.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    My only dieting nightmare was one where I was in a room full of people and I get on this scale and a "loud" robotic voice says YOU ARE FAT!! I awoke instantly!! This happened years ago and I still can hear that voice, it was soooo real!!! But you know, I'm not fat anymore! LOL
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    I've never had the nightmares but I do have running dreams. You see I would LOVE to be able to run for an hour without feeling out of breath after the 1st minute.

At times I dream that I am running as a workout. It feels so real and soooooo good:tongue:
  • daybyday815
    Options
    I've never had the nightmares but I do have running dreams. You see I would LOVE to be able to run for an hour without feeling out of breath after the 1st minute.

At times I dream that I am running as a workout. It feels so real and soooooo good:tongue:

I started jogging a year ago - it was so bad, i'd go out with a friend and we'd only make it like 30 secs before we'd have to walk again. then one minute jog, walk four...and guess what? I just finished my first FULL marathon on sunday!!! I'm still beside myself! I always say the hardest part of the whole journey was the first 30 seconds a year and a half ago :)
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options

I started jogging a year ago - it was so bad, i'd go out with a friend and we'd only make it like 30 secs before we'd have to walk again. then one minute jog, walk four...and guess what? I just finished my first FULL marathon on sunday!!! I'm still beside myself! I always say the hardest part of the whole journey was the first 30 seconds a year and a half ago :)

Congratulations!!! I have to start walking and jogging so that I can work myself up to running. I need to get out of this slump.
  • dldodson75
    Options
    Yes!!! There have been times before where I have dreamt that I ate and ate and ate then woke up and felt very ill and guilty thinking great I ruined my diet and how will I ever work off all those extra calories!!! Crazy sometimes what we dream!! :noway:
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    One time I dreamt I had eaten a large marshmallow and when I had awoke my pillow was gone.