NSV Clothes related

Options
So I have lost a good amount of weight. I havent weighed myself since my last check in but I was at 225 last time. I feel great and I am looking forward to losing the last 25lbs. I have a dilemna though. All of my clothes are too big. I usually wear XXL shirts and may go down to an XL (broad shoulders) and now the XXL shirts are all super baggy in the middle, I am on my last hole in my belt, my shorts fall off without a belt, my pants fall down without a belt etc.

So all of my clothes looks kind of funny on me because it is baggy now. I am happy about that but sad at the same time. I dont want to go out and buy new clothes until I am down to my goal weight. I am shooting to be at my goal weight by at least the end of October.

Anyone else run into this dilemna?

Replies

• tuppance
    tuppance Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have been buying a few bits and pieces in charity shops - i don't want to spend out much until i hit my goal
  • myownadvice
    myownadvice Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This is where second-hand stores become your friend. You can buy enough items to get you through to your next wieght breakthrough without spending a lot of money. When you think about it, it's a 2-fer. You can buy clothes cheaply (remember-this isn't your "final" wardrobe) and donate the clothes you can no longer wear. No sense keeping the "big" clothes around, right? Amvets, Goodwill, etc would be more than happy to receive your donations AND sell you something too. Win-win all the way around.

:smile:
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I use charity shops too. I think you call them goodwill or thrift stores in the US? There are great bargains to be had - sometimes brand new with tags and well known makes. I keep an eye out for things to shrink into as well as stuff to wear straight away. I have an "inspiration pile" of clothes from charity shops that are just a bit too small at the moment.
  • Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    This is where second-hand stores become your friend. You can buy enough items to get you through to your next wieght breakthrough without spending a lot of money. When you think about it, it's a 2-fer. You can buy clothes cheaply (remember-this isn't your "final" wardrobe) and donate the clothes you can no longer wear. No sense keeping the "big" clothes around, right? Amvets, Goodwill, etc would be more than happy to receive your donations AND sell you something too. Win-win all the way around.

:smile:

Absolutely this. :)
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Went into a second hand store for the first time and was really surprised that I fit into XL sizes now and it wasn't in the womens section. They had a lot of selection , some even had the tags still on them. It will work until I get down to my goal. I even gave away all my big clothes this time instead of storing them. Its a great reward for all my hard work, without the price tag.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!