Divine pumpkin pie pudding - 65 calories

Options
ETA: someone commented that 1 tbs pudding mix is actually 25 calories -- which seems more accurate to me. And brings the calorie count up to 80! MFP won't let me edit the header -- my apologies.

I have been all about the canned pumpkin lately. What a marvelous food!

This pudding is supremely delicious, and pretty healthy, to boot! There are artificial sweeteners, however... if you wanted to make it more natural, I imagine 1/2 a banana would sweeten it up well, though the flavor and calorie count would of course change.

The tofu may throw you off, but it makes the texture so rich and silky, and believe me, there's absolutely zero tofu taste.

1/4 cup canned pumpkin (25 cal)
3 oz (1/4 box) Lite Silken Tofu (30 cal)
1 Tbs sugar-free butterscotch pudding mix (10 cal according to MFP -- if anyone's calculated this differently, please let me know!)
A few shakes pumpkin pie spice, or a cinnamon/nutmeg blend
A dash of vanilla

Blend in a blender or food processor. Then I put it in the fridge for a bit to let it firm up, and eat it with a drizzle of coconut milk and a few crushed walnuts, which adds about 50 calories -- but it's really wonderful by itself, too. Or with a graham cracker crumbled on top.

Replies

• ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!

I use 1 T of pudding mix in my shakes, but I have got it at 25 calories
  • MissyAZjourney
    MissyAZjourney Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    any suggestions to replace the tofu? i'm trying to avoid soy right now.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! count me in
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    i've got no problem with the tofu, but what makes it set up? doesn't seem like enough pudding mix to do it.
  • researchgirl82
    researchgirl82 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Sounds very yummy!!
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    In place of tofu I bet Greek yogurt would work well! Sounds awesome--pumpkin is one of those oh-so-comforting foods for me. :smile:
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • trybabytry
    trybabytry Posts: 181
    Options
    Greek yogurt would be delicious, I imagine, but it would be a very different kind of food... the tofu is what makes it set, and has no real flavor of its own, so takes on the other flavors more than I'd think tangy Greek yogurt would.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Omg sounds so good,
    Anyone know where in the uk i can get canned pumpkin?

Or can i just use boiled pureed pumpkin?
  • EllenGould
    EllenGould Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    sounds good
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    ETA: someone commented that 1 tbs pudding mix is actually 25 calories -- which seems more accurate to me. And brings the calorie count up to 80! MFP won't let me edit the header -- my apologies.

I have been all about the canned pumpkin lately. What a marvelous food!

This pudding is supremely delicious, and pretty healthy, to boot! There are artificial sweeteners, however... if you wanted to make it more natural, I imagine 1/2 a banana would sweeten it up well, though the flavor and calorie count would of course change.

The tofu may throw you off, but it makes the texture so rich and silky, and believe me, there's absolutely zero tofu taste.

1/4 cup canned pumpkin (25 cal)
    3 oz (1/4 box) Lite Silken Tofu (30 cal)
    1 Tbs sugar-free butterscotch pudding mix (10 cal according to MFP -- if anyone's calculated this differently, please let me know!)
    A few shakes pumpkin pie spice, or a cinnamon/nutmeg blend
    A dash of vanilla

Blend in a blender or food processor. Then I put it in the fridge for a bit to let it firm up, and eat it with a drizzle of coconut milk and a few crushed walnuts, which adds about 50 calories -- but it's really wonderful by itself, too. Or with a graham cracker crumbled on top.

Bump! Thank you!
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    This looks awesome, and perfect for my fiance who LOVES pumpkin pie but never eats it because he tries to be healthy.

Thanks for sharing it!
  • Eclipsoh
    Eclipsoh Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ooh i'm going to save this one for my mom in the fall. :D
  • WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just bought firm tofu and I'm looking forward to trying something that sounds pretty healthy and delicious. Thanks for the recipe!
  • akarney
    akarney Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bump