Body Pump

Options
My gym has, for some reason, changed the weekly scheduled Zumba class to a Body Pump class this Sunday. I am thinking of trying it out. Has anyone tried it? What exactly does it entail? Was it a good workout? Any advice, info (what you like/don't like) would be great!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Replies

• katrina2002
    katrina2002 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've tried Body Pump and I like it. It's a full body strength training class using a barbell. It involves squats, lunges, chest presses, push ups, triceps dips and other exercises. You do lots of reps, and music is played to help guide you. Each music track focuses on a major muscle group, like there is a song track for squats, a track that focuses on your back and so on, along with a warm up and cool down. I recommended going to the class early, and letting the instructor know that you are new, plus you need time to set up your work out station (a barbell, plates, step, and mat is used). The teacher will give you a guideline about how many plates/weight to put on your barbell for each track. I recommend starting with low weight. You will most likely be sore afterwards.
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Its basically a total body workout in an hour. Using a weight bar and a variety of exercises, squats, lunges, rows, chest press, curls, etc. It may take you a few times too se how much weight you will need to use for certain exercises and adjust. The workout is laid out to the tracks of music. It is a good workout!
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    It's a good workout and the class goes by quick. The songs and routines will be different each week but you will pick up the moves pretty quickly. Just let the instructor know that you are new and they can help you set up. Also go a little lighter on the weights than you think you may need, you will do a ton of reps in that class.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    It's a great cardio workout, and I consider it a gateway drug to heavier weights. :)