Creme Brulee(ish)

Options
Dancerten
Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
I saw a recipe on skinnytaste for a mock creme brulee that involved fruit preserves, greek yogurt, and caramelized sugar and I thought that it sounded halfway decent and that I would try it out. BUT I didn't have any greek yogurt on hand and I didn't feel like doing a grocery store run, so I looked in the pantry and I DID have Jello Sugar Free Cheesecake Pudding! And I thought what the heck, let's give this a whirl, so...

-Prepare Jello Sugar Free Pudding (flavor of your choice) as directed and pour into ramekins
-Sprinkle a tablespoon of turbinado (sugar in the raw) sugar on top and caramelize with a torch
-Done!

The skinnytaste recipe says you can place the ramekins under a broiler if you don't have a torch, but that the torch is easier to control...

So for a single serving of sugar free cheesecake pudding its 70 cals and a tablespoon of turbinado sugar is 45 cals... 115 calorie faux creme brulee, not too shabby :smile:

Replies

• whittlelauraann
    Options
    How did it taste? I've been craving creme brûlée lol
  • Dancerten
    Options
    How did it taste? I've been craving creme brûlée lol

It's not dead on, but it definitely hit the spot :smile: I plan on experimenting with other flavors...
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    awesome I am going to make it for my boyfriend when he gets home from two weeks away for work!
  • Dancerten
    Options
    awesome I am going to make it for my boyfriend when he gets home from two weeks away for work!

Hope you enjoy it! :happy:
  • Royaltvii
    Royaltvii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I will be trying this...my fav. dessert is creme brulee!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

If your favorite dessert is creme brulee, then why not have some real creme brulee???

An intimation is SURE to disappoint.

:sad:
  • Dancerten
    Options

If your favorite dessert is creme brulee, then why not have some real creme brulee???

An intimation is SURE to disappoint.

:sad:

Creme brulee is also my favorite dessert, and I do have it on special occasions. However, creme brulee runs on AVERAGE around 575 calories... this version is nearly a fifth of that. I love creme brulee, and I was not disappointed with the imitation. Had I been disappointed, I wouldn't have posted the recipe.