Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites

Options
JaceyMarieS
JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
ZOMG - these were delicious! Next time, I'm trying a flavored cream cheese for strawberry cheesecake

Makes 14 Cheesecake Bites
Per serving (probably lower bc you aren't using all of the coating!)
93 calories
2 carbs (1 net carb)
9 g fat
1 g protein
1 g fiber

Cheesecake Ingredients:
1/4 Cup Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
1/4 Cup Cream Cheese
4 Packets Stevia (If you don’t mind the sugar substitute 2-3 Tbsp Agave, Honey or Maple Syrup)
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract

Chocolate Coating Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Virgin Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup Natural Cocoa - I used Hershey Special Dark
6-8 Packets of Powdered Stevia (If you don’t mind the sugar substitute 1/4 cup pure Maple Syrup, Honey or Agave)

**The original recipe made twice the amount of chocolate, so i reduced everything by 1/2. I still had a bunch of chocolate left over, which i promptly poured over almonds. The ingredients in the chocolate coating could probably be cut in half again, which would greatly reduce the fat/calories (most of the calories/fat come from the coconut oil)of chocolate left over so please see the great ideas below for what to do with your extra chocolate!

Directions:
Blend Cheesecake ingredients until smooth in your food processor and set aside.
In a separate food processor bowl blend Chocolate Coating ingredients until smooth.
Spray a pre-chilled, clean ice cube tray with a healthy oil.
Using a spoon pour the chocolate into each ice cube mold.
Coat the bottom and the sides of each ice cube mold using your spoon.(I picked up the ice cube tray and kind of tilted it around to make sure all the angles were covered. Make sure the molds are completely coated.)
Fill each ice cube mold with cheesecake filling.
Top with a layer of chocolate coating.
Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
Remove from freezer and set on the counter for a minute or two.
Gently twisting the ice cube tray, as you would to remove ice cubes, remove each cheesecake bite and place on a plate.
Enjoy!

Replies