where to find plus size fitness apparel

Options
2»

Replies

• urbansmamma
    urbansmamma Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Lululemon has size 12, but usually you can go a size smaller than you are. They are speeny, but hands down the most flattering fit that keeps you sucked in all the right places and is functional and sexy. I only wear them because when your working out you don't want to play tug of war with your workout gear bunching or riding up... You simply want to get your swear on and feel beautiful no matter what your size is. Love, love, love lulu!!!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I loved Old Navy when I was plus sized, but found they ran incredibly huge. I always had to order at least one size smaller, and I ended up returning a LOT of stuff. Other than that, I loved them.

I also have bought from Walmart.com. The Danskin fits pretty darn good for my fatt butt :)
  • tari12340
    tari12340 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I found some great deals up to 3x at Pennys. Lots of great sales!!
  • SilverOnTheTree
    SilverOnTheTree Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    For the NZ quandary!

Check the local 2nd hand stores - I know, ewww 2nd-hand underwear, but I've had phenomenally good luck at SaveMart recently. Some kind plus-sized ladies had given up their new (tags attached) UK and USA-bought sports tops (not actual bras, but heavy-elastic support tops). 2x tops and 2x 'active wear' t-shirts for $10. Score!

Go for the bigger warehouses, since they're more like to take seconds or end-of-season imports.
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    Although I despise Walmart, they have a bangin' plus size athletic section that is reasonably priced.

I just bought some cute ones from walmart last weekend.. I agree... it's hard to find cute outfits for curvy women... I would like to look good while working out.. because I know I'm doing something!!! :)

Edit to add.. plus it wasn't super expensive.. since I know I will be going down a size soon.. Hopefully :)
  • dglangevin
    Options
    On-line you can find Plus Size at http://www.inspirationalplus.com/ . It is great and fits so well. You can also go to Kohl's.com and look for VATA Brasil active wear. It fits size 2-12 but you can also ask them to stock VATA Brasil plus size. They listen to their customers very well.
    Good luck.
  • nashvillern
    nashvillern Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas. Today I checked out TJ Maxx and Walmart. Hope to go elsewhere tomorrow. Results: the TJ Maxx here does not carry plus size activewear. Walmart seemed to have already been raided due to tax free weekend. They didn't have anything for me today, but I did see where Danskin goes from XS to 4X. They had some cute options just nothing I liked was in available in my size. This does seem to be a good future source though when they restock. Old Navy seems to be a popular source for respondents so I will try there tomorrow.
    Thanks again for the suggestions!