Shrinking Boobs?

Options
I started at a 32G and now my bras are getting too big. The smaller size is too small, but I can definitely tell there is a difference. My chest actually feels lighter. However, even when I weighed significantly less I was at least a DD. I wouldn't mind if they got bit smaller, but only if the rest of my body shrinks the same amount, lol. Any advice? Are shrinking boobs inevitable even if they are "naturally" large and I'm not losing inches around my rib cage (not where I hold my fat)? :(

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    they are naturally large - BUT remember - boobs are mostly fat, sooo, as you lose weight they will shrink. I started at 46ddd. I've lost about 115lbs and I'm at a 40d.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Alas, my boobs have shrunk, too, with losing weight and getting fitter. I think there's no getting around it. But now I can wear all those pretty padded bras I used to avoid!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Pics or it didn't happen.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I used to be a 48 (F or G) and I'm now a 32 (b,c or d) depending on the brand......so for me shrinkage was inevitable.
  • healthychanges1
    Options
    You guys posting sizes have gone down significantly in the band as well as the cupsize. Do you think If my band size does not change that much my cupsize will relatively stay the same?
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Mine definitely and mercifully feel lighter, but can't get scientific on the measurements. Alot of people say they lose weight in the bust first which they don't like, but for me I'm happy.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You guys posting sizes have gone down significantly in the band as well as the cupsize. Do you think If my band size does not change that much my cupsize will relatively stay the same?

Both have gone down for me. Lost 2" under my boobs (chest/back measurement) and down one cup size. Fat is everywhere and will be lost everywhere. :ohwell:
  • britneyy32
    britneyy32 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yeah mine definitely started shrinking immediately which sucks since I ended up losing the most inches from my chest and not much else where! I went from a 34 D to a 34 C pretty quickly.. I still fit in some 34 D's though. I wouldn't mind my boobs getting smaller if the rest of me gets smaller which is not really happening so far. :/
  • healthychanges1
    Options
    Yeah mine definitely started shrinking immediately which sucks since I ended up losing the most inches from my chest and not much else where! I went from a 34 D to a 34 C pretty quickly.. I still fit in some 34 D's though. I wouldn't mind my boobs getting smaller if the rest of me gets smaller which is not really happening so far. :/

Ugh that's what I'm scared of! If I'm stuck with my thighs I at least want big boobs to go with them, lol!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    If your band was always 32 with those cup sizes, I think you're naturally large busted, so you may not lose a tremendous amount (I wish I was in the same place!).

I had 34Bs forever until I want on BC and, a year later, gained all my weight from big thyroid issues. However, I've lost an average of 2-3 inches off of my stomach, hips, thighs, neck, and arms EACH, but have yet to lose boobs (I'm a 36D). So who knows! I think it not only depends on your body, but your age, hormones, etc.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Funny - my band size has changed, but not the cup. I was just thinking this morning that it's time to go shopping. I'm at the tightest hook now and my bras too big. But, trust me, it looks better!

BTW, when you're refit (or just try a bunch out) you may find that when you get a smaller band the cup gets bigger.

When my formerly skinny sister put on 100 pounds in a year, she went from a 32B to a 40D. So it probably works in reverse too.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    It's entirely dependent on the person. For me, I had 100lbs total to lose, but I carry most of my weight in my legs. At my highest weight of 250lbs I was an overflowing 36DD. I'm not 32lbs lighter and still overflowing those bras.
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    I don't quite understand why women worry about this, but I guess I'm one of the odd guys out for liking A's and B's just fine. =P
  • StephhG
    StephhG Posts: 3
    Options
    I don't quite understand why women worry about this, but I guess I'm one of the odd guys out for liking A's and B's just fine. =P

If only all guys were good with A's and B's... but for me, I don't care! I'd rather be fit and 'flat' than unfit and 'fat', lol. :)
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    This is the one thing that bothers me the most. I have lost 21 lbs and my poor girls are shrinking away. Or at least that is how it seems to me. Though I have only gone down form a 36 D to a comfortable 38 C I loved my boobs though I always wished them to be fuller. I have been strength training and doing tons of chest exercises. But I'm afraid of them going down past C. If they do, I WILL cry. :cry: :sad:

I have big hips and wide shoulders, so I need a good rack to make it all work! I wish you the best, but in the end it's about genetics.
  • healthychanges1
    Options
    I have big hips and wide shoulders, so I need a good rack to make it all work! I wish you the best, but in the end it's about genetics.

I have big hips too so I'm hoping for the hourglass look instead of a pear as my end result. All of the women in my family have HUGE boobs, lol, but they are also all overweight.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I've lost 8 pounds. I'm positive that 4 of it was in my boobs. The other 4 picked stupid places like my elbows, knees, and ankles. I loved my DDs but I can live with a B if abs appear.... it's a trade.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    My boobs have gotten smaller, but only by one cup size (so far!). I went from a DD to a D, but I think they look way better! I am in much better proportion than I was before and I can get better bras for cheaper so they are hiked up to the right spot. So don't despair just yet :)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I have big hips too so I'm hoping for the hourglass look instead of a pear as my end result. All of the women in my family have HUGE boobs, lol, but they are also all overweight.

Don't discount an hourglass! A true hourglass figure is around a .7 ratio between your waist and hips. Even famous hourglass women all had very different bust sizes (Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Loren, etc.).