Does clean eating really make a difference for you?

Options

Replies

• Blondefitbarbie
    Options
    Absolutely! My body has adjusted to clean eating so well. I don't crave artificial sugar or refined carbs anymore, and I used to be a huge chocoholic. I've lost lots of weight and my body is much more defined.
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    huge difference. especially my energy level and how I feel in the morning
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I lose a significant amount of weight but I feel better. I am less bloated. And I lose weight just a bit faster.
  • krissagray
    krissagray Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This was over the course of about 1.5-2 months, I changed nothing about my workout and simply just changed my diet. I didn't believe it until I saw the results in pictures

WOW! You look great! I have seen your pics on your profile but you can really tell how big of a difference there is when they are displayed close together. WTG!!!
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Preservatives and such are a big migraine trigger for me, so ... definitely, at least in terms of how I feel from day to day. I don't crave junk any more either, so that's a big plus. I had coke for the first time in months the other day and it tasted like sugary dishrag water. It was kind of a letdown.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    In terms of weight loss, no it doesn't make a difference. But in terms of just being healthy overall it does.

For you, maybe, although I doubt it.

I would argue that cutting the processed stuff and sugar will have a large impact on body composition (not just 'weight loss') in most cases.

It ain't just about the calories ...
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    So glad you asked this question! I am still teetering between clean and not so clean... so the responses have been very helpful for me! Thanks :happy:
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I decided on monday to start eating clean... I have noticed a huge difference in the way I feel. and in the water retention. I am fuller and more satisfied. I am in the process of switching out my pantry and buying better things... Today was a huge mess. Got pulled to work another area about 30 miles away I wasnt prepared, i usally go home to eat. I ate 2 taco frescos from taco bell, not too bad but started feeling it within a few hours, swelling. Dinner was even worse, i did have a turkey burger but chips too. I am starving now.. I did see a huge difference and 2 pound wt loss in two days water weight i know... I recommend it.
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, and a big fat YES! Weight loss in particular no, you could lose weight eating the crap, but my health and well being has improved drastically since I started eating cleaner. Headaches are a prime example. I got chronic migraines constantly, as did my son. Since we started eating clean, neither of us has had a single one.
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    I've never tried to lose weight while on a diet of fast food and processed foods, so I can't speak on it's weight loss abilities; however, I can say that as far as how the two diets make me feel (as far as energy), there is no difference. My energy feels the same no matter what I eat, no matter how much I eat (within reason). The regularity from a high fiber diet is awesome, though; cycles of constipation and diarrhea while eating junk is not. Also, fast food diets (which contain toooons of sodium) elevate my blood pressure to unhealthy levels (borderline hypertension), while healthy diets keep it under control.
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, and a big fat YES! Weight loss in particular no, you could lose weight eating the crap, but my health and well being has improved drastically since I started eating cleaner. Headaches are a prime example. I got chronic migraines constantly, as did my son. Since we started eating clean, neither of us has had a single one.

Quoting to agree on the chronic migraines!
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    YES! Like others have said, it is possible to lose weight not eating clean. But there are so many other benefits of eating clean. For me personally, I feel so much more satisfied - no sugar crashes. I have fewer cravings for sweets. I sleep so much better. But, hands down, the biggest difference for me was in my stomach. Before I ate clean, I would go out to eat, and literally be running to the bathroom with terrible cramps and pain within 30-60 minutes of eating. I was on the verge of going to the doctor - I'm was convinced that I had IBS. But no, it was just poison in my body!

No doubt someone will post on here that eating clean is a total waste and it's all about calories in vs calories out - you could lose weight by only eating twinkies if you were under your calorie goal. In my humble opinion, that is total crap. Our bodies were made to eat real, whole foods. Yes, our bodies can handle processed foods because our bodies are amazing machines, but they will not run optimally on a diet of all processed foods.

Work your way into it. Cut out all the obvious crap - sodas (especially diet sodas), unnecessary sugar, and don't eat anything that you can read the ingredient list. You don't have to throw away all the food that's in your fridge and pantry now - just start from here and only buy fresh foods.

Hope my thoughts were helpful for you! :flowerforyou:
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Oh, forgot to mention - I'm NEVER constipated anymore! :laugh:
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

You know whats really funny, until you said this I didn't even realize I've gone 2 months without a migraine and my headaches have gone down by almost 2/3rds...never thought about it in that sense, glad I'm doing something else good for my body!
  • Mporterm
    Options
    The saying is true, "Abs are made in the kitchen" eating clean for me makes a huge difference. My energy levels are up, my endurance is stronger, and my skin feels healthier. Best wishes to you!
  • cddonald22
    cddonald22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't know if what I'm doing is called clean eating, but cutting out processed stuff, sugar and white flour has all but cured my reflux. I haven't taken meds in two months.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I lose a significant amount of weight but I feel better. I am less bloated. And I lose weight just a bit faster.

This. It seems to speed up the process a bit, cuts don the boating and I notice I have less gastrointestinal issues like indigestion.

I also havent had a zit in months which I used to have issues with on my chin.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    No difference in weight loss. But.... Feel better, look better. Skin clearer, no fatigue. more energy. eyes brighter. and generally in a better mood. Besides being healthier. Body functions better. And maybe odd maybe not. no bad breath.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Do you guys really see a difference when you eat clean vs. not eating clean (but still sticking to your daily calorie restriction)? I hear a lot of people say that they can eat unhealthy and lose weight as long as they have a calorie deficit, and eating clean doesn't make a difference. Does it make a difference for you? Do you lose significantly more weight while eating clean?

Nope

If you were to hold cals and macros constant but one diet contained whatever it is you call unclean foods and another diet only contained "clean" foods, weight loss will be the same or not significantly different
  • thedancingleper
    thedancingleper Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have significantly more energy and I feel much more stable mentally when I eat clean. I'm a moody, exhausted mess when I don't.