Eating back the burned calories

Options
Hi everyone, I am curious on how important it is to eat back the burned calories from exercise? I have a 1210 daily calorie intake and I can pretty much hit that give or take 100 calories. But then when I subtract my 234 or 300 calorie burn from walking the net calorie goes down under 1000 calories.

I have to walk in the evening so I don't really see this until the end of the day when I finish logging all of my stuff. Is it wrong to have a net - after exercise - of 1000 calories? Any advice?

Replies

• Rainforst
    Rainforst Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi I don't always eat my exercise calories, but if I am hungry I make sure I eat a protein and not a carb.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    A lot of different theories on here. I usually do NOT eat mine back. But, I am not usually hungry enough to eat them.
  • Reneefit135
    Options
    My understanding is that you lose more or more quickly if you dont eat the calories back.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I would suggest getting a Heart rate monitor, I use a Polar FT60 this will give you a more accurate calories burned...MFP has your calorie deficit already figured in so I treat my exercise calories as just that FUEL for my workouts.... Have lost a few pounds using this method.... Best of Luck
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind the loose guideline that you need to properly fuel your body. Walking isn't exactly high intensity exercise, but if you burn 300 calories and are hungry when you get home, snack on some veggies or proteins like nuts.

That said, I can promise you this thread will end up just as confusing as the near daily posts about "exercise calories". Try searching on the forums and you'll find plenty of more detailed answers regarding what your body needs to function, what is sustainable, etc.