Not a Ton of Weight Loss... but Seeing Progress

Options
poeco76
poeco76 Posts: 139 Member
I haven't been one to post very often in the forums, though I do enjoy reading about success stories and seeing the changes in individuals. I have posted some frustrations with not seeing the scale number dropping, but a couple of weeks ago, I found a photo I'd taken around the first part of the year. I understand now why I had hid it from myself because it isn't pretty (well, I look like a dork in the photo the way I'm smiling... AND it isn't pretty). I had signed up in January with MFP, but never actually used it until the second week of March, so apparently I was in massive denial about myself. Anyway, so when I found this photo not too many days ago, I thought I should try to recreate the photo to see if there were any changes... and hey, I do look a bit different.

While there are small changes physically taking place, I am feeling so strong (stronger than I've felt in my adult life, I have to say), and I completely believe that I can see this through as a lifestyle change. I have a long, long way to go, but I love to see others' photos, so I'm hoping I did this right and I am able to share mine here.

Mebeforenow.jpg

Replies

• poeco76
    Options
    Okay, so that worked for half of the photo... :O) Let's see if I can get the other half here.

July12.jpg
  • poeco76
    Options
    Seriously? Am I too dumb to do this or what... last attempt, I promise. :O)

Mebeforenow.jpg
  • poeco76
    Options
    Alrighty then... I give up. Can't seem to get the whole thing in to one shot. Maybe in another 6 months I will learn how to properly upload a photo! If you can use a link, I"ll link it here: http://s1079.photobucket.com/albums/w516/poetess76/?action=view&current=Mebeforenow.jpg
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I can see both and there is more than just a little difference!! And you're BEAUTIFUL by the way! Well done :) feeling strong is very powerful, remember to hold onto that feeling as things get difficult and you will be successful beyond belief. Keep up the good work girlie!
  • poeco76
    Options
    I can see both and there is more than just a little difference!! And you're BEAUTIFUL by the way! Well done :) feeling strong is very powerful, remember to hold onto that feeling as things get difficult and you will be successful beyond belief. Keep up the good work girlie!

Oh, I am so glad you can see them both. I now know why I don't post photos! ARGH. :O) And, thank you so much... you are very sweet. I firmly believe that I will be successful. Thank you for your kind words.
  • geishamari
    Options
    I definitely see a difference! You are gorgeous! Keep up the good work! :)
  • poeco76
    Options
    I definitely see a difference! You are gorgeous! Keep up the good work! :)

Thank you so much! I am excited to see some changes, certainly. :O)
  • cjhart81
    cjhart81 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    There is a big difference. well done and keep up the good work! :)
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Great work and yes, every little bit helps!
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    I can see it! great job!
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow! If your face isthat much smaller, I can only imagine the change in your body! Congratulations)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options

excellent job. Wht a change
  • poeco76
    Options
    Wow! If your face isthat much smaller, I can only imagine the change in your body! Congratulations)

I wish! :O) It all seems to come out of my face/neck first. {giggle} But, clothes are starting to get loose, so that's a great sign.

Thanks again to everyone for all your kind words.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!