First NSV

Options
Owlie45
Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
Yesterday I threw out my first pair of jeans since starting this.
Bent over to get something out of the dryer and when I stood up they fell to the ground. Thankfully no one was there to see that.
Put a big smile on my face though.

Replies

• mbk830
    mbk830 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!!
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Thats wonderful!!! Bit of advice though, I didnt keep even one pair of my old jeans and I wish I had I think it would help me see how far I have come a bit easier! Save them!!!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • Owlie45
    Options
    Thats wonderful!!! Bit of advice though, I didnt keep even one pair of my old jeans and I wish I had I think it would help me see how far I have come a bit easier! Save them!!!

Yeah I thought about it afterwards but when I went back to get them people had thrown away dinner and coffee grounds so I left them. :noway:

But I'm going to save my other pair
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations!

I like to keep one pair of jeans around from when I started this whole thing, because it's fun to get in them every once in a while and feel good about how far I've come but every other pair has gone straight to goodwill as soon as they're too big.
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    Congrats! I'm in a similar boat now where all the shorts I own will slide off, but I'm extending the life of them with a belt.
  • Owlie45
    Options
    Yeah I don't want to keep all of my old jeans, I don't want Jean that I can fall back on. Though I have no plans on ever going back.
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! that's an awesome NSV :drinker:
  • Owlie45
    Options
    Congrats! I'm in a similar boat now where all the shorts I own will slide off, but I'm extending the life of them with a belt.

Thats what everyone tells me to do. But I was not given much hips, or maybe they're hiding, so belts don't work well for me. The only way to get it to hold my pants up is if I pull it tight, but then it uncomfortable.
  • Owlie45
    Options
    Thank you everyone
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Yes that is a great feeling on one hand and a horrible one on the other. Once I broke the 75 lb mark it happened to me. Woo hoo Ive lost enough that my old clothes no longer will even stay up, yet booooo I have to buy new clothes. lol I hate shopping.

Congrats, that is defo a NSV! Hopefully the first of many.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • Owlie45
    Options
    Yes that is a great feeling on one hand and a horrible one on the other. Once I broke the 75 lb mark it happened to me. Woo hoo Ive lost enough that my old clothes no longer will even stay up, yet booooo I have to buy new clothes. lol I hate shopping.

Congrats, that is defo a NSV! Hopefully the first of many.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/

Ugggg I HATE shopping. Thankfully I have pants going down in size so that's one less thing to worry about.
    Yes it is only one of the many I will have.
  • KittenKittyKitteh
    KittenKittyKitteh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love reading posts like this! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!