Going over on sugar

Options
Alright, so today I splurged on some peanut butter M&Ms, but looking at how I went over on sugar reminded me that I usually go over on sugar.

I don't use aspartame or sucralose, so no hidden artificial sugars lurking around. Usually I go over because of yogurt, cereal, soymilk, and fruits I think. But I don't eat junk yogurt and the cereal is usually some sort of Kahi or multigrain Cheerios or something. I'm tempted to ignore the sugar overage if it's because of natural sugars in fruits/veggies, but I know I need to cut back. Maybe not have soymilk, cereal, and fruit all in the same day or something? Hehe

What do you guys do? Anybody else going over on sugar?

Replies

• TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    i'm always on my sugar. i don't worry about it to much though, because its pretty much all from fruits/veggies which are healthy sugars i would assume. if a lot of sugars were coming from junk food then i'd be something else. but for me and seems like for you to its from healthy foods so i think its all good
  • hhca
    hhca Posts: 7
    Options
    Always over

This is where calorie counter helps me.
    Not a junk eater or soda drinker, so I thought all was ok.
    I was really surprised at how much sugar I get from fruit from dairy - cottage cheese, etc.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Melons tend to have less sugar than apples and peaches
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have lost 18 pounds since August and I go over on sugar everyday, too. I DO have sweets sometimes, but it doesn't matter. I "go over" from milk, a banana, etc. even if I don't have any "sweets". I use sugar free creamer in my coffee, too.

I was wondering how they determine the amount of sugar we need each day. I will say that I HAVE appreciated knowing how much sugar I eat each day. I do pay attention to it. If I am eating it from healthly foods and I'm not diabetic, I wonder why it matters...? Maybe I will research it on the web. I have thought about BLOG-ing on the same thing. I literally eat about twice what MFP reccomends, each day...?

It will be interesting to get feedback from others.

Happy Shrinking! :wink:

Susan
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    254666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • gramgin
    gramgin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You mean carbs? I make a point to use whole grain products, which I understand are better carbs than refined grains . . .
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I noticed my multigrain cheerios and milk were high in sugar .

I just changed the portions.
    I have 1/2 cup of multi cheerios and 1/4 cup of oats with 1/2 cup of milk

Recently Almond milk, taste good.