Add me as a friend if...

Options
kms1104
kms1104 Posts: 110 Member
1.) You are more concerned with how healthy you are than the number on the scale (at a point in your life where there's SO much else that's more important, and you realize people love you just the way you are, even when you don't)

2.) The number on the scale provides motivation anyway (b/c GOSH it's nice to actually zip those jeans)

3.) You have or have had any health issues that have negatively affected your self esteem or weight (cancer, thyroid, depression were my pitfalls)

4.) Love your cat (no matter how girlie that makes me sound)

5.) Want to eat what you love, just want to find healthier choices for those things (ex: I found an ice cream bar that is under 200 calories and doesn't taste like cardboard)

6.) You're a teacher (I teach middle school Language Arts) and are worried about how you're going to deny the endless amounts of back to school breakfasts, lucheons, and sweets.

7.) You're just a positive and real person trying to make life a little better for yourself.

Replies

• JBV321
    JBV321 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Except for the teacher part (I'm a paralegal), everything I concur with!
  • kms1104
    Options
    :laugh: I should have put OR between all of them. As long as there's one thing, then we'll get along just fine as MFP pals... haha, I crack myself up sometimes, too.
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cat but I love my dogs. :-) does that count? :wink:
  • BlueMacaroniArt
    BlueMacaroniArt Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm not a teacher... But I love both my cats! (oh and all the other things too) :laugh:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I love my cat, and I'm going to be a teacher. Actually, I'm almost all of them. Most people don't really think I'm a positive person, but those people are usually the ones who don't like sarcasm.

Oh, and I'm sexy. I know that wasn't part of the criteria, but it's a good one to add! :wink:
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm almost all of these as well :) I love my kitties (even though my house cat seems to think I'm just a chew toy), don't care as much about what the scale says as just being healthy and making better choices, and I'm going to school to be an English teacher (secondary, not elementary).
  • kms1104
    Options
    I knew there had to be people on here like me :happy:
  • kms1104
    Options
    I don't have a cat but I love my dogs. :-) does that count? :wink:

COMPLETELY!
  • kms1104
    Options
    I love my cat, and I'm going to be a teacher. Actually, I'm almost all of them. Most people don't really think I'm a positive person, but those people are usually the ones who don't like sarcasm.

Oh, and I'm sexy. I know that wasn't part of the criteria, but it's a good one to add! :wink:

Actually, because I no longer have a thyroid due to my cancer... my motto is "I'm too sexy for my thyroid" <3
  • ellisrobertson
    Options
    No cat here, either, but I do adore my dogs! And I love how I feel when I'm eating right and making good foods for my family. I'm not a teacher, but I do find it a trial to stay away from the carby snacks that my fiancé's kids prefer when they're here, so that's a constant struggle! But I know once I keep them out of my system long enough, I'll stop craving them, and that there is motivation enough right now!
  • kms1104
    Options
    I'm almost all of these as well :) I love my kitties (even though my house cat seems to think I'm just a chew toy), don't care as much about what the scale says as just being healthy and making better choices, and I'm going to school to be an English teacher (secondary, not elementary).

Awesome! I love my kitty, too. He's a house cat... I actually named him "Dobby the House Kitty" after "Dobby the House Elf" in the Harry Potter books... I'm an 8th grade English right now... ask away if you have any questions!
  • magicmama
    Options
    Hey, this describes me! :) Well, I'm a dog person, not a cat person, and my teaching is homeschooling my urchins rather than an entire classroom, but I'm really close to getting all of them!
  • rlynnehawk
    rlynnehawk Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have little dogs, but no cats. My daughter is a teacher and she has a fitbit! I just started on my diet and exercise plan a few weeks ago. I am hoping to start feeling better and to get into those jeans again!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I work in the computer lab at an elementary school. Been on MFP for a year. Last year we had a bowl of candy in the room for teachers when they came through and I found if I don't eat ANY, I don't have a problem. And we have goodie day once a Month and it's in the teacher's lounge, I don't go in there. I've lost weight and am keeping it off. I bring all my food to school everyday. Planning is the key for me. Good Luck with the new school year.
  • Midnight444
    Midnight444 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 1-5, 6- I am not a teacher, & 7 I am working on. I also have thyroid cancer and also I experience depression and anxiety... Have also experienced a tolerance and withdrawal from a prescription call klonopin for anxiety... still recovering from that... I LOVE our cats, 2 barn kitties and 1 house kitty, 2 doggies, and 3 horsies... Working on trying to get my life back by working on my fitness so that I can start doing the things that I love, like taking care our our house, barn, & animals, and starting to working with and ride our horses again... Nice to meet you!!! :)
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i love my cats, am studying to be a teacher, and love eating yummy foods!
  • kms1104
    Options
    I work in the computer lab at an elementary school. Been on MFP for a year. Last year we had a bowl of candy in the room for teachers when they came through and I found if I don't eat ANY, I don't have a problem. And we have goodie day once a Month and it's in the teacher's lounge, I don't go in there. I've lost weight and am keeping it off. I bring all my food to school everyday. Planning is the key for me. Good Luck with the new school year.

AWESOME! Yes, it's tempting for me when everything looks SO delicious. I've always brought my lunch, but am starving by 3. Any after school snack tips are welcome!
  • tdfowler12
    Options
    No cat or dog here but I have decided to make a change in my life. I have a loving family and want to live long enough to see my 8 year all grown up. Who know maybe even long enough for Grandchildern. Na never mind on that one it would mean my daughter would be dating and I don't see that happening.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options

Awesome! I love my kitty, too. He's a house cat... I actually named him "Dobby the House Kitty" after "Dobby the House Elf" in the Harry Potter books... I'm an 8th grade English right now... ask away if you have any questions!

Definitely will! I love the fact that your cat is "Dobby the House Cat." I'm pretty sure my cat is closer to Kreacher ;) Glad to have you as a new friend :)
  • DeeMcG11
    DeeMcG11 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi! I am in the school system as well, as an EA. I am also an animal lover (3 toy poodles).