I'm afraid of the scale!

Options
It's been a week since my last weigh-in. I'm feeling pretty good...but am hesitant to get back on the scale. The way I see it, I'm in for disappointment: either I didn't lose as much as I thought or want; or the scale hasn't budged. Maybe I should just focus on how I feel and how my clothes fit rather than the scale...at least for another week. Anyone else have these moments?

Replies

• freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say in the past 51 weeks I havent had a week like that. I want to know good or bad how Im doing. Granted I should have a general idea of how well I did since I log daily. If you think you havent budged or gained, more so there is a reason for it unless you hit that proverbial wall. Which isnt fun since who knows when that wall will move.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • mairemacha
    Options
    i totally know how you feel... there has been periods of up to two months when i've been terrified of getting on that scale. Sometimes you feel so disappointed in yourself after or confused or depressed. I recently got back on the scales after a long holiday (full of lots of bad food) and discovered i'm back to my heaviest weight. Now i wish i had the courage to get on the scales and check myself a little earlier to stop it from getting to this stage again... maybe that will help you. Or maybe you'd prefer to take your own measurements of problem areas instead? The number on a tape measure sometimes doesn't feel so critical :)
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate and recently I resorted to measuring with the tape measure immediately after my weigh in. The tape measure will never lie to me or be inaccurate as long as I measure correctly. It has helped me a lot in the last few weeks.
  • twosons08
    twosons08 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I took the plunge this morning and was +2.0 lbs! Grrrrr! :sad: Time to break out the measuring tape