Take to Work Meals

Options
So I am about to start Insanity (8-6-12) and I need some ideas on some easy meals for meal 2 and 4 since I will be at work (bank) it will be hard to get away and eat another meal similar to my lunch. They need to be around 290 calories I can alter other meals, just somewhere in that area :)

Replies

• bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Tuna is really great! Try that. High in protein keep you full or try some natural lunch meat and a laughing cow cheese wedge. JUST ONE. Thats a 95 cal snack with 12g protein. Hope that helps
  • vanessasteinbach
    vanessasteinbach Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Tuna is really great! Try that. High in protein keep you full or try some natural lunch meat and a laughing cow cheese wedge. JUST ONE. Thats a 95 cal snack with 12g protein. Hope that helps

• nomoreFA
    nomoreFA Posts: 40
    Options
    1 rice cake (60 cal) with 1 Tbsp almond butter (90 cal) carb+ protein + fat combo keeps you full

Pure protein bar- 190 cal 18g protein

chicken or tuna salad + a few Wheat Thins Fiber Select crackers
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    SOUP!!!!!!!!!!! Microwaves great in a nice glass bowl
    Cream based progresso soup is ~280 calories
    or
    Broth and protein based soup is 200 calories which can be paired with a piece of bread, an oz of jerky, a string cheese, or a yogurt.

A protein shake made with one scoop of protein powder and one 2% or whole cup of milk is filling and around that many calories.

Good luck!
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Protein shake and apple make it really easy!

Or if you want to cook food less but still have great meals I started doing this meal delivery thing. They make food and ship it to you frozen and you just toss it in the microwave, skillet, or grill (meats) but usually I'm at work so I just microwave it. Check out: http://www.personaltrainerfood.com/orders/LD.php?uid=6586
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, tuna, or chicken with salad. Small wraps with veggies and roasted meat. Bean and veggie salad.
  • leesa1988
    Options
    High fiber cereal and yohgurt is my emergancy no time for lunch go to... just watch for portion sizes and sugar content! i weigh mine out the night before (cereal in a lunch bag so it doesnt go soggy) and bring to work. yummy and easy. protein and fiber to keep you full as well
  • vanessasteinbach
    vanessasteinbach Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great ideas!
  • rckswmn
    rckswmn Posts: 1
    Options
    I make green smoothies every day for breakfast and lunch. You can control the flavor and the calories! Balance the fruits with vegetables so you cut the bitter with equal sweet. Avoid super sugary fruit like mango, use pineapple in it's place. You can add flax for more fiber, or chia seeds.
    You can make a different flavor every day, and keep it fresh! Speaking of fresh, I store mine in a thermos, and blend in ice to keep it cold. If I'm still a bit hungry, I add a banana or other fruit. I manage to eat only 1200 calories a day and don't starve!

Here is a recipe to help...

1/2 cup blueberries
    1/2 cup raspberries
    1/2 cup blackberries
    1 cup strawberries
    2-3 cups kale or spinach, or red lettuce
    1 cup water, 1 cup ice, or 2 cups water

add water and kale first, any fruit can be fresh or frozen

a high speed blender or food processor works best

makes 2 servings

ENJOY! :)
  • ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    A quick easy lunch I do for 290 calories is a medium sweet potato microwaved and then mashed - 100 calories. A light garlic and herb laughing cow cheese wedge with 8 reduced fat wheat thins - 100 calories and a fiber one brownie - 90 calories for a total of 290 calories!

Another: 4 oz grilled tilapia fillet with 1/2 a grilled yellow pepper added to 1/2 a cup of uncle bens whole grain brown rice. Total of 182 calories. Make it the night before and microwave it te next day. Super good! And then you still have 100 calories to eat!

You could also try weight watchers frozen meals. Most are between 200 and 300 calories!