Hello Everyone

Betsygail
Betsygail Posts: 10 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I 'm ready to do something about my health. I'd like to know what type of strength training I can do at home. I have a treadmill, but I understand I also need strenght training.

Replies

• Welcome!

I'm a big fan of strength training, because muscle burns more calories at rest, plus buff looks better than just slim!

Check out Women's Health Magazine's website for great exercises to do at home. I'm currently enjoying their "Abs Diet" workouts and meal plans:

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/free-abs-diet-workout-and-meal-plan

Good luck!

288660.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Hi Betsygail ! Welcome to your "new" life and to MFP!!! This is an awesome site!! I suggest strength training along with the treadmill or an exercise dvd! Keep following the calorie limit, drinking LOT'S of water and exercising and you will reach your goal!!! I just set up three 40 to 50 yr. old ladies last night in a routine and if you are interested in what they will do for a month please message me! I wish you success!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Well hello Auntie! :wink:

On demand has free workouts available that you can do anytime of day or night. Many of the workouts are "trial" or limited time only but that is good, you won't get bored and you will keep challenging yourself!

go to channel one
    load on demand by pressing select button
    select "freezone"
    select "health and wellness"
    select "exercise tv"
    choose your workout

:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.