Are you gonna stick around?

Options
So I'm on the final stretch (last 5 pounds! Woohooo!) But I was just wondering, are you guys planning on sticking around after you hit that goal weight? My plan is to switch to the 'maintain my weight' setting and stick around to support. :) What about all of you?

Replies

• legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I came for the weightloss, I'll stay for my friends.
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I figure it's going to take a while to sort out maintanence...that parts harder than the losing.
  • dreamsofsomeday
    dreamsofsomeday Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Definitely, because I need to log for maintenance once I am satisfied with my weight loss.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    For shizzle.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    yes especially cuz i have great friends that use the words for shizzle!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I may not want to track for the rest of my natural life but I sure as hell want to annoy people so yeh, I'll be around :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm a lifer!!! :happy:
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    absolutely .. ive made too many good friends to just up and leave
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    Probably die to my friends, yes!

Maybe not though, the drama hear at times can send a guy nuts!
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Yep I plan on staying here...have made too many great friends!!!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    With the amount of weight I need to lose, I'm here for the long haul. When the day does come that I reach my goal weight, I will also switch my setting because I have no plans to leave this website because of all the friends I have made & the great support that I have received. I want to be a person who can say "been there, done that" to the newest members on this site & help them, just like everyone has helped me.
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I am planning on staying for the long haul. I may be a long while getting to where I want, but when I get there I am going to stay here and help pay it forward because of all the help that has been given me :)

If I can help one person like I have been helped...then I have done well!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options

I LOVE this!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I plan on staying so I can keep on track. I believe that if I leave I will go back to the same bad habits.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Yup, I can't see me going anywhere. It's nearly a year since I reached my goal weight (or near enough to satisfy me) and I'm still here and logging. Maintenance isn't easy and I find MFP really helpful to keep me focussed on what I need to do to stay at a healthy weight - not that I've been really successful at that, I've put 5kg back on - but its going down again now - thanks to MFP!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Yes I plan on staying around! I've got 17 more pounds to go, but the thing that MFP has done for me is helped me keep myself accountable and if I stop MFP I'll likely go back to my old habits and end up right where I started. This site reminds me every day I log in, where I started, what I've done to get where I am now, and has been one of the best things online I've ever been apart of to better myself. This is my selfish place, this is my me time. I will never give it up, and if for whatever reason MFP goes down for good one day, lord forbid! I'm sure I can find another place to do the samething but honestly MFP has helped so many people and I honestly like it here.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options

I LOVE this!
    The best answers from two of my besties.
  • kittyconni
    Options
    I am gonna stick around. I will need the support and motivation to stay at my goal weight once I reach it!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Seriously... I can't leave. And you can't make me.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I may not want to track for the rest of my natural life but I sure as hell want to annoy people so yeh, I'll be around :)

This guy cracks me up! :laugh:

Anyways, yeah, I'm here for a long-time accountability.