i dont see a difference

Options
(trying to post pics

Very frustrating. But I also wear a smaller size- My scale doesn't budge but I am wearing 8's

I started out a 16-18 I have lost 36lbs (before MFP) and have been trying to lose the rest (20-25lbs) forever I have to beat it off with a stick :grumble:

Oh well I am not quitting I will keep kicking butt at the gym and counting my calories.

(in July)
BEFORE70309.jpg
(currently I have a long long way to go)
DURING102209.jpg
DURING1022-1.jpg

I look bigger in my current work in progress pic ugh I hate this

Replies

• JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I THINK you have to change the IMG in your links to lower case img....you're pictures aren't showing up.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I got it thanks.

The only difference I see is that my tan is gone.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I think you look more trim in your middle. And, you might be one of the lucky where it comes of evenly from your entire body, as opposed to just one area. Which is nice, because then you'll stay in proportion. Keep it up! Good job!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Are you still training for the fitness competition? I've heard that is hard for a guy to lose weight/body fat while trying to build muscle. I'd guess that it's even harder for a woman since we aren't built to really build muscle like guys are.

You might have to make the choice which one you want to concentrate on. After you reach one goal then work towards the other. Hopefully someone with some real knowledge in this area will come on and give you some advice.
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    Are you still training for the fitness competition? I've heard that is hard for a guy to lose weight/body fat while trying to build muscle. I'd guess that it's even harder for a woman since we aren't built to really build muscle like guys are.

You might have to make the choice which one you want to concentrate on. After you reach one goal then work towards the other. Hopefully someone with some real knowledge in this area will come on and give you some advice.

I am still working out- I had to stop hitting the gym for about a month total but just got back in Oct 1st real hard and haven't stopped- I am doing 45 minutes of cardio plus hitting the weights.- Because I have been out a month I am easing into plus I can't lift as heavy as I could before its so hard to gain strength and so easy to lose it. But I am still going just annoyed that I don't see the change like I wanted too.

I see a diff when I look at old pics of me but currently I don't- Others say they see the diff. I do see the diff in my clothes though so I know something is happening just wished the scale showed it too.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I see a difference...

The picture in July looks like you are farther away. The current ones are closer so the " look" is magnified... in my opinion. :flowerforyou:

Keep up the great workouts!
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    I see a difference...

The picture in July looks like you are farther away. The current ones are closer so the " look" is magnified... in my opinion. :flowerforyou:

Keep up the great workouts!

yes one is far away and the currents are close up. My husband said the same thing. My husband zoomed in on me
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    Well there is a difference 3 months ago I was 26% fat and as of today I am 24.5% so the scale may not be moving but I am losing fat
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    We are our own worst critics. You said yourself you are in size 8's now. I can see a difference especally in the tummy area. You are gaining definition. have large boobs so it's hard for me to see a difference doing a frontal. I see a bigger difference doing side shots.
    You are doing awesome. I admire your tenacity.
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    thanks
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Well there is a difference 3 months ago I was 26% fat and as of today I am 24.5% so the scale may not be moving but I am losing fat

This is exactly what you want to see. To many times we get hung up on the scale weight, when really we should be looking at BF%.
    Congrats!:drinker: