NEED SALAD DRESSING

Options
13»

Replies

• Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Here's a salad dressing recipe I got from the Michael Thurmond Diet book.

Cucumber Vinaigrette

1 cucumber diced
    Handful of parsley
    Handful of cilantro (optional)
    Ground pepper
    1-2 tsp Lemon juice
    1 tsp white vinegar
    Salt free Dijon Mustard

Put all the ingredients in a blender except for the lemon juice and vinegar. Add that at the end little by little based on how you find the taste. Since its got vinegar, you don't need any salt at all! I used to add a small bit of green chilli to add some heat to it too. But of course that is optional.

It stays in the fridge for 3-4 days. You need about 2 tbsp or more of the dressing for a medium sized salad. I used to really like it with salads containing tuna and dried cranberries.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    My wife and I like the Bolthouse Farms yogurt-based dressings. We like both the regular ranch and the salsa ranch (45 calories, 210mg sodium for 2 tablespoons). We've had the chunky blue cheese, it's ok. The raspberry merlot vinaigrette is good, too, and only 30 calories for 2 tablespoons.

The Bolthouse Farms dressings should be available in your grocery store, but don't look in the main aisle with the other dressings. Our store keeps it in the produce section with all the refrigerated dressings -- it's yogurt based, so it needs to stay cool.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Ken's Fat Free Sun Dried Tomato Vinagrette is my dressing of choice. I also use the wishbone spritzers that others have mentioned.

I also make a coleslaw dressing that I like on salads too. Super easy to make.

1/2 tsp salt
    Campbell's - V8 Low Sodium Original 100% Vegetable Juice, 3 oz
    1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
    1/2 cup Sugar

26 Calories Per Tablespoon
  • rsellersCST
    rsellersCST Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe on pinterest. It is really yummy.

This whole jar of ranch is only 1.75 grams of fat and 255 calories!

1 cup dannon oikos plain greek yogurt
    1 packet hidden valley ranch mix
    1/2 cup 1% milk.
    Whisk together
    chill 1 hour before use.

Perfect consistency and tastes better than bottled!

I've made this, as I also found it on pinterest... I modified it a bit. I added a quarter cup more milk (I used Fat Free) and then added a Tbsp of one of my favorite Tastefully Simple seasonings... OMG Good!!!

It makes about an average salad dressing bottle amount.... but the entire bottles worth is less than 300 calories. Point being even if you used a third of a bottle at a time... it's less than 100 calories per serving. I typically use far less... but this has made me feel like I can have RANCH dressing again without all the fat and high calorie content.
  • MartinaC32
    MartinaC32 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Homemade Ranch (only 255 calories in the whole recipe)

1 cup Danone Oikos plain Greek yogurt
    1 packet Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix
    1/2 cup 1% milk.
    Whisk together & chill 1 hour before use.
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Tangy Ceasar dressing

1/4 cup olive oil

3/4 cup white balsamic vinegar

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper

1 clove garlic

Whirl in a blender until blended. Toss with romaine lettuce and grated parmesan. Delicious!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i've never been big on dressing but trader joes has this delicious thai peanut vinaigrette that is sooo yummy!! :)
  • azaza91
    azaza91 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm never been a big fan of dressings, I usually eat it plain or make my own, lately I eat my salad with 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbs honey, salt and pepper to taste, it has sweet taste and I usually put a lot of pepper, mmm.