Sugar Free Oreos.....UH OHHH lol

MissPriss30
MissPriss30 Posts: 67
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
Ok....so I didn't belive it for myself until I ate 4 of these little bite fulls of delight. What it says on the back of the package....."May cause a laxative effect" BOY! Were they NOT kidding....I had bubble guts all night long lastnight and part of the day today. I think that these things tase AWESOME...but warning to the wise do NOT EAT MORE THAN 2 at a time otherwise you will regret it! FYI I know I had made mention of the cookies and cream ice cream recipe which included these cookies and I didn't want to get the finger pointed at me when this happened to you guys...you can't say I didn't warn you now lol!

Replies

• Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    LOL! Sorry that's kinda funny, "bubble guts"

I wonder why they do that?
  • Angie1215
    Angie1215 Posts: 125 Member
    awwwww lol, thanks for the warning!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,072 Member
    I could have used those a few days ago when I was all stopped up! :tongue:
  • haha, funny bubble gut :o)

if you want to clean your colon, you can try wheatgrass powder! it works wonders too ...
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Hope your tummy feels ok? Thanks for the "heads up" I'll tell my teens just in case they have them when they're out with their friends:noway:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I couldn't eat them...just knowing they have that effect would gross me out.
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    o gosh...i have totally been there with sugar free candy lol...sugar free anything does that to me :sick:
  • resqgal
    resqgal Posts: 7 Member
    I have found that anything that uses sugar alcohols as a sweetener have that effect on me.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    They did not have the effect on me. I eat them all the time....well kinda..lol
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    lol bubble guts.
    Just shows that they are getting clever in marketing "sugar free" but it doens't mean it's good for us.

Checked them out on Epinions.com

Pros: Laxative Effects, taste just like the original
    Cons: Not getting as much for your money as you are the original.
    The Bottom Line: I highly recommend, just watch how many your eating.

Ingredients
    Maltitol, enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin b1), riboflavin (vitamin b2), folic acid), high oleic canola oil and/or palm oil, polydextrose, cocoa (processed with alkali), cornstarch, glycerin, milk protein concentrate, inulin (natural extract from chicory root), whey protein concentrate, emulsifiers (vegetable mono-and diglyceriedes, soy lecithin), leavening (baking soda, monocalcium phosphate, sodium acid pyrophosphate), salt, milk (enzymed modified), dextrose natural and artificial flavor, celluslose gum and gel, chocolate, cream, sucralose (sweetener), acesulfame Potassium (sweetener),

*note* excess consumption may have a laxative effect.

The synonyms for Maltitol are “hydrogenated high maltose-glucose syrup”, and “hydrogenated glucose syrup”. Since those knowledgeable in the health field are well aware of the meaning of “hydrogenated” (hydrogenation creates trans fats), Maltitol should also be excluded from a truly healthy diet.
    http://www.innvista.com/health/nutrition/diet/salcohol.htm
This discussion has been closed.