Back fat!

Options
13»

Replies

• misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Agree with the Shred and a calorie deficit. Here were my results.

Back1784to1584.jpg

Hope the pic works. And I have built a little more muscle in my back and lost about 5 more lbs since this pic.

Holy smokes! Is this after only 30 days??
  • Lacole216
    Options
    bump
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I lost a ton of back/middle fat from punching/boxing moves. I recommend Billy Blanks, Turbo Jam and the Slim in 6 Express Ab workout. Or you can just do side punches on your own. Step side to side and punch across your body. Side bends work to! I add weight to the side bends.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • saamantha
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred! I lost over 3 inches from my ribcage measurement in a month, taking my back measurement from 33" to 29 3/4"! I hadn't realised I had over 3 inches of back fat to lose!

You just sold me on the 30 day shred!! I NEED TO GET IT!!

This!!! A thousand times, THIS.
    I started the 30DS at the beginning of July and continue to use it on "rest days". I wish I'd taken measurements, because the differences in my body that I can visibly see are craaazy. I've gone from a 36D to a 34C (sometimes D) in a month, and down one pant size. The lbs aren't necessarily coming off, but I'm very obviously toning up, and I love results that I can SEE.
  • Cocoliciousbabe
    Options
    Lawd KNOWS I have a lot of back fat. I can NOT wait to get rid of it. LOL It is not sexy I don't care what some people say.:laugh: :laugh:
  • Cocoliciousbabe
    Options
    There is a difference in the before and after. Keep going you will get there. I have a ways to go too. :)
  • casnic25
    casnic25 Posts: 81
    Options
    A yoga move called the locust is a great way to stretch and tone the lower back. Here is the link to show you how the pose is done. http://www.ehow.com/video_2350677_yoga-locust-pose.html

If you have access to a barbell, you can do a bent over barbell roll.

Shrugs are also good. Here is a link to that move.
    http://weighttraining.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=weighttraining&cdn=health&tm=10&f=10&tt=29&bt=1&bts=1&zu=http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/TrapeziusUpper/DBShrug.html

Deadlifting is also a good move for the back.

Julienne Michaels has a Yoga level one that covers moves for the whole body, including the back. This is a link to that video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5nyrD4eM64

I also love the 30 day shred and noticed a difference all over. It is impossible to work just one part, but these exercise do also include working the back muscle.
  • Mizzy91
    Mizzy91 Posts: 63
    Options
    i glanced at this real quick and thought it said back fart :laugh: :laugh:

well.. to get rid of it... lots of cardio and less of carbohydratios! :)

LOL :bigsmile:
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    ya.. I dont know.. I just realized: now that I have started losing weight... how much back fat i really DO have :noway: ... ugh its so sad!! :sad:

:grumble:

Oh well. i have Jillians 30 day shred and HATED IT!! Now that I run about 6x a week.. maybe my endurance levels are up and I wont hate it as much.. :laugh:
  • chrispol
    chrispol Posts: 21
    Options
    OMG! Back fat is horrid! I have lost 4 inches from my rib cage and I still have a few inches to lose. Unfortunately, as previously mentioned, you cannot spot reduce. But luckily fat usually disappears from the top down. For me I have no problem loosing off my upper half, but my butt/hip fat is pretty resilient lol
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    You have to lose the weight. I fooled myself for years thinking it was a condition..like it couldnt' be that I had to lose weight. But yeah...when I did lose 30 pounds it was gone. Horrible when you gain weight in your back and you can't see it and you think you look fine until you see a pic of yourself ... rude awakening! lol
  • lwernette
    Options
    Reverse flies with light weights and reverse crunches on the stability ball. REVERSE CRUCNH: With your feet against the wall, hip width apart, lay your stomach on a stability ball. Put your hands lightly behind your head and crunch up using your back muscles. This is a great move for the entire back.

If you want to tone the back of your arms, tricep kickbacks and tricep dips on a chair are my favorite.

You can't spot reduce but you can definitely tone!! : ) Hope this helps.
  • Caffeine_Addict
    Caffeine_Addict Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Agree with the Shred and a calorie deficit. Here were my results.

Back1784to1584.jpg

Hope the pic works. And I have built a little more muscle in my back and lost about 5 more lbs since this pic.

wow!!
  • Caffeine_Addict
    Caffeine_Addict Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I lost mine with the 30 Day Shred. Here's my pics.
    Before
    16352481_8893_thumb.jpg
    After
    16352481_7725_thumb.jpg

thats an awesome back!! great results!
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Rach_Gem_n_Disguise Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    :wink: Thanks Caffeine
  • jleWings
    jleWings Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    As others have stated, you can't spot reduce...but through eating well and losing weight and strength training ( LOVE to lift!) my rolls are slowly disappearing!!!