Rejection does it hurt you too

Options
I have a partner who has 4 kids I try to provide and give them the love they need but if anything goes wrong with them he takes it out on me rejects me and embraces them I try to tel him stop talking to me this way he walks away hot under the collar won't talk to me for days don't my feelings matter he is a good man and I love him but I feel,alone at times unwanted aching to belong be part of his family too lost and alone tonight we had a fight and sleeping alone any advice I need to loose weight but when I hurt I stop eating for a few days

Replies

• DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    If you can't talk to him then it's time to go, It took me 2 years to figure that out, and he had a kid I had to look after and two cousins that were suddenly my responsibility from birth, I hated it. I left him, took some time of dating and now have a bf that wants me to talk to him and loves spending time with me (that or he's a good liar lol)
  • its_rierie
    its_rierie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yeah, from the sounds of it you need to get the hell out of there.

I understand that he needs to stand by his kids, but you need to take care of yourself. If he won't listen to you trying to communicate and express how you feel, it's time to go. The place you're in is neither physically nor psychologically healthy.
  • slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i also dated a man with children, it was a horrible feeling constantly fighting for attention and getting blamed for when things go wrong. when he would have his kids i dreaded it, i was not allowed any parental control and hated that i was paying towards them but not having any say. I did comfort eat but as soon as we broke up i felt as in a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. do what you feel is right but remember it is your life and you have to choose what you want more.......single and happy with time to focus on yourself or stay and work through the hardships at the risk of your emotional wellbeing.

goodluck xxx
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    If you can't talk to him then it's time to go, It took me 2 years to figure that out, and he had a kid I had to look after and two cousins that were suddenly my responsibility from birth, I hated it. I left him, took some time of dating and now have a bf that wants me to talk to him and loves spending time with me (that or he's a good liar lol)

^This.

Besides the good liar part lol :smile: