Lifting question for women

Options
Ok so this is a boob question, lol. After gaining and losing 50 pounds rapidly when I was a teenager, I've always had "sad" boobs. After two pregnancies and nursing two babies, they're simply pitiful now (thank goodness for good bras). Is lifting going to affect them in anyway, positive or negative? I don't want to have muscles and no boobs, but it would be nice to get any kind of lift if possible.

Replies

• fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I gained 85 pounds during my pregnancy, I went from a C cup to a E ( I didnt even know sizes went that high). I lost most of my weight right away, but I also got sad boobs now. Sorry I got no advice, I am just starting with the whole working out thing. I just wanted to say I know how you feel, I will be watching this thread for advice. Good luck
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Good luck to you, too. I went from a B cup to an E cup after my first, then back down, then up to a D with my second, and now back down. My poor husband, he's always maintained that he likes my itty bitties, but I saw his eyes pop out of his head when they were big, lol. Now he's worried I'm going to lose my rear end as I lose weight. I can put muscle into that, though!
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    you can do chest flys and work your pectoral muscles which will give you lift, but they wont help the "volume" per se of your boobs.. that unfortunately is mostlly made up of fat tissue. hope this is what you were looking for
  • ahmommy
    Options
    you can do chest flys and work your pectoral muscles which will give you lift, but they wont help the "volume" per se of your boobs.. that unfortunately is mostlly made up of fat tissue. hope this is what you were looking for
    Thanks! Yeah, I know the volume is what it is, except that as I lose fat it's possible I'll lose it there too, although I'm hoping I've already lost from there since they shrank first.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Nope - unfortunately it will not give you perkier (or bigger boobs) - but you can get some nice developed pecs in the process - and I just noticed in the past week that my "side boobs" are totally gone :-)
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I went from a C cup to an E cup over the course of 2 pregnancies. Damm things never went back down again! but I have read loads of women who lift on here commenting that theirs appeared bigger and higher with they did lifts that affected their pecs and shoulders
  • ahmommy
    Options
    I guess what I'm going for is - if I develop my pecs, it's not going to make my boobs look even sadder, is it?
    I went from a C cup to an E cup over the course of 2 pregnancies. Damm things never went back down again! but I have read loads of women who lift on here commenting that theirs appeared bigger and higher with they did lifts that affected their pecs and shoulders

That's what I'm hoping for, thanks!
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    Mine are still sad.. But the rest of me makes up for it now lol. Lifting does amazing things to the body!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    My boobs have reduced a bit and I was worried they would sag, but since I have been lifting they seem to have lifted slightly so even though they are smaller they are not sagging too badly :smile:
  • zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm donig New Rules of Lifting for Women program. I'm about half way through stage 1. Since i've started lifting i've noticed my boobs have better shape. I'm not sure why but I think the muscles (maybe called peks) above my boobs are firmer so it looks like they are perkier. I've noticed everything on my body is alot more firm and less jiggly. I would definitly recommend lifting heavy to anyone! There is a group on here called New Rules of Lifting for Women (NROLFW). You should check out the group and the book if you are considering lifting but aren't sure where to start.

Oh ya, I'm a DD. They were alot bigger when I was breastfeeding but went back down to a DD which is what I was before getting pregnant.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

usually the voulme goes down after a pregnancy, I went down to my C cup in less than 6 months. I think thats what makes them sad looking, huge change in short time.
  • VeganDoc
    VeganDoc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Regular chest work will build up the pecs, but the only way to rid yourself of the sagging skin that will remain on top of the pec muscles is to have a breast lift. Unfortunately, this leaves noticeable scars around the areola and down the center of the breast's lower hemisphere (a "lollipop" scar). Sorry this isn't a very positive response.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    My boobs are sad too. 2 pregnancies, age (I'm 40) and losing 11% body fat have done a number on them. BUT that being said, I have noticed a bit of lift from doing primarily bench press. Building up my pectoral muscles with chest exercises has helped but they haven't increased in size, unfortunately. That would require a trip to the plastic surgeon. :wink:
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I'm an F cup (shut-up!!) down from a G since starting my weight loss.

Before lifting, my nipples pointed to my toes without a bra on, but since starting lifting, the now face ahead.

My chest area is much firmer now :)
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Mine are still sad.. But the rest of me makes up for it now lol. Lifting does amazing things to the body!

Yep! Agreed!! My BF said the perfect thing when I was a little "down" on my lost boobs.. he said "Hey, when you were a little heavier you had boobs, but now you have a smoking body.... win, win for me!" LMAO! So either way, we have something we like about ourselves, and something we wish we could change.. who's perfect right?! Even the people we think are perfect in our eyes doesn't see it that way in theirs.

"Lift Heavy! Run Hard!" =D
    www.facebook.com/jenaesmithfitness ("Like" for Daily Motivation!)
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/JenaeSmith/
  • ahmommy
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm not interested in surgery and DH would never support that either, so they are what they are. It sounds like lifting could get me a little lift, so that's what I'll shoot for.