Not lost for a couple of weeks now...

Options
Hey all :) So, I've been back using mfp now for around 6 weeks, but for the last two I haven't lost anything. I know you do occasionally have weeks where you don't lose but I feel that I am doing pretty well so was wondering if you lovely people could have a look at my diaries for some ideas?

They are far from perfect, I have changed my macro's to 40/30/30 and do try to reach them although as I'm a poor student eating so much protein is sometimes a struggle money wise!

I do cardio - Zumba at home, walking, tae-bo 3-4 days a week, and am also following the new rules of lifting for women 3 days a week, I started this two weeks ago. I'm not eating as much as they recommend in the book but have tried to up my calories a little, usually reaching around 1600-1700 a day after exercise.

Thank you in advance! I hope it is just a natural blip, but would be great if you guys could see if I'm overlooking something :)

Replies

• FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    sorry just realised that should say 1600-1700 a day, netting around 1000 - 1300 after exercise, which feels a lot!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Your doing pretty good.

The only thing I can see is that you eat almost all processed foods. Lots of hidden stuff in that. Look at the sodium in you salad cream, for example. I see ketchup everyday and bread and salad cream. Things like that can kill a good diet.

You're in within your calorie goal though, so it's not horrible, just some things that might help. Try to eat more whole foods. And rather than salad cream, maybe use a vinaigrette. Watch out for the "light" salad dressings. They usually have high fructose corn syrup in them.
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I eat all processed foods but you are right, there are a few things in there like that (ketchup/salad cream etc). I have so little of things like that though I would hope that wouldn't be what has stalled me.

But Bread! its a huge problem! I love it! I do have pretty much wholemeal exclusively, have considered trying to not eat it so much but I love it!

Thank you very much for your reply :)
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    hey Fiona, just keep at it, 2 weeks is nothing, it could be water weight or muscle repair or monthly cycle or simply fluctuations on the scale.

Hows your measurements?

In the last 2 weeks I have worked out harder than ever burning 1500-2000 cals a day while working on my garden (is is looking nice thou) lol and yet I gained weight 9lbs in total .... however, I lost an inch on my waist and 1.3% BF ... keep on that horse, you are doing well, the weight will finally give up.

Hugs