NSV- C25K

Options
ilovemybuggy
ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
I completed week 1 day 1 yesterday without DYING! Small accomplishment- but the real victory was actually enjoying it! Has anyone else done c25k and how did you like it?

Replies

• lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I just started this week - I've done 2 days...working on my 3rd day today! I enjoy it so far...running is def a challenge for me. I've always tried to avoid it. hahaa.

Congrats to you & good luck!! :)
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I have completed the C25K program and loved it! I have never been a runner and it helped ease me into it. Now I'm getting ready to do my 2nd 5k, and considering doing a color run. Keep it up! I promise you won't regret it. :flowerforyou:
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Girl you know I love it!!! ;-) Today is W4D3 for me!! Next week looks kinda scary though!!! I talk to myself constantly while running to keep me going!!!! ;-)

So happy for you for starting it, and liking it!!!
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I just started this week - I've done 2 days...working on my 3rd day today! I enjoy it so far...running is def a challenge for me. I've always tried to avoid it. hahaa.

Congrats to you & good luck!! :)

I use to run ALL the time when I was younger- and i've wanted to again for years- but I always just felt there was NO WAY I would be able to do it ... i'm still REALLY overweight- and I thought yesterday was going to be a definite struggle but I really feel like I could do more than just the 60 seconds 8 times over... are all the days in week 1 the same?
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Girl you know I love it!!! ;-) Today is W4D3 for me!! Next week looks kinda scary though!!! I talk to myself constantly while running to keep me going!!!! ;-)

So happy for you for starting it, and liking it!!!

You talking about it has been what pushed me to do it - thank you! :)
  • kliedke
    kliedke Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Almost done with it:) I'm on W6D3 tonight! I did have to take short break due to shin splints, but I'm back at it strong again. It's truly helped me to enjoy running for the first time!
  • Montegue42
    Options
    Way to go!!! I had such a hard time getting through week one...last night I just did week 5 day 3! Granted, its about two or two and a half months since I started in earnest, and I still feel like dying everytime. But finishing it really makes me feel good about myself!! You can do it! Just take your time and you will succeed.

In my experience, all the days in weeks 1-4 are the same, week 5 is where they start switching it up.
  • Abbygrlbff
    Abbygrlbff Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was NEVER a runner, and I did the program this year. It really works, and I continued to to 5K-10K, and I'm currently going through 10K-21K. The program really does work, and just keep up with it and don't be too hard on yourself if you have a hard day! :)
    Good luck to you!
  • mlouise143
    mlouise143 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I ran 20 minutes on Wed night and was so shocked and proud, I can't even tell you. When I started, 3 minutes was the longest I ran, in intervals, because I could barely breath and felt weak. When I slowed down and eased into it, it became much easier. I am still at 5.1 or 5.2mph when I'm running for longer times, but once I get comfortable I can speed it up a bit.
    I think this program is the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm actually thinking about signing up for a road race in September, which I would have NEVER thought I could do.
    Stick with it..if I can do it, anyone can!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have never been a runner, but at 219lbs a month after having my third baby I started c25k. I followed the plan exactly as it was intended and by the end was running 5k in 40 minutes (which I'm thrilled with.) I ended up with a foot injury (not necessarily from running) so I haven't been able to run for several weeks. I'm starting back with lower impact workouts, but I'm confident that I have a good foundation to get back at it. I love c25k! :)
  • pamsflying
    pamsflying Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll be on W6D3 tonight too! I'll be thinking of ya!
  • mustanggirl_2011
    mustanggirl_2011 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am on W2 D2 today and so far I am really liking it. I had been doing intervals before so I think that helped me by not being so shocked by it but I am hearing that it does get harder as the weeks go on so I am hoping I continue to enjoy it as much as I am now :)
  • mirandaallyn
    mirandaallyn Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    just finished W4 D3 yesterday and tried to run at a 6.0. phew! that kicked my *kitten*. good luck!
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    just finished W4 D3 yesterday and tried to run at a 6.0. phew! that kicked my *kitten*. good luck!

Are you doing it on a treadmill? If not- how are you measuring your speed?
  • mirandaallyn
    Options
    Way to go!!! I had such a hard time getting through week one...last night I just did week 5 day 3! Granted, its about two or two and a half months since I started in earnest, and I still feel like dying everytime. But finishing it really makes me feel good about myself!! You can do it! Just take your time and you will succeed.

In my experience, all the days in weeks 1-4 are the same, week 5 is where they start switching it up.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who still feels like they're dying! :)
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I did it all of November and December of last year and I really liked it. Plus it really amped up the weight loss too.

I made it to week 5 and stayed there since it felt like I was pushing myself enough with the 5/8 minute running segments. When I started I couldn't even do 30 seconds with out stopping. So I was really proud of myself for running for 8 minutes straight!
  • kcpsu18
    kcpsu18 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting C25k tomorrow! I am pretty excited to get started. I am signing up for a Zombie 5K in September. (Which I won't be ready for, but excited all the same)
  • mirandaallyn
    Options

Are you doing it on a treadmill? If not- how are you measuring your speed?

Yeah, I started the program on the treadmill because it's been so hot this summer I feel like I'll die if I'm running outside (I have never been a runner). There are a lot of tools on the market that you can wear to measure your speed/distance if you're an outdoor runner
  • predent
    predent Posts: 95
    Options
    I am working on C25K right now :D Definitely never been a runner, but I am two days into it and LOVING it so far! I feel so good afterwards. Florida is way too hot to be running outside, so I'm currently doing it on a treadmill. I use a 2% incline and today did all of my walking at 3.5mph and my running either at 5.5mph or 6.0mph. There is a color run happening in Tampa in November; my goal is to be ready by then!
  • Deedles2012
    Deedles2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey all, question on the C25K program.

Can you do this on a treadmill or just outside running? I want to try it but with 107 degree temps it is not happening outside!!:mad:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!