Started Aidpex today

Options
I was given a month worth of Aidpex today from my family doctor to hopefully get my weight loss a bigger boost!!! I am curious if anyone else has been on and if it really works. I know my boss has been on it for about 5 months and lost 70 pounds. She still has alot to lose but have seen her make a great sucess with it. I was told to eat good which I have and to stay away from caffeine and stuff like that. I have watched her not really change her eating habits very much. I hope with the way that I am eating that I can get under my 200 and then I will be happy and then go off it and contiune my journey.

I am finally recovery from a lumbar puncture from this past Weds. I am slowing feeling the headache to start to hit me. I am still pretty sore with my back and just curious if I should start to work out. I get really sore still walking around doing basic things. I had been told my the doctor to drink some caffeine and I can't stand it because I had stopped drinking it completly since I change everything about my new life. I took out all of my processed foods and all the junk. It has let me lose about 10 pounds which I am very thinkful I got on the scale this morning and still weight 221. So I know I am just talking and talking...I am just cuious on if Aidpex has helped anyone!!!

Thank you for your time :heart:
Molly :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My best friend took it and did lose weight, but I don't think she lost much more than what she could have if she ate right and exercised. She had to stop taking it because her insurance will only pay for it 6 months in a 12 month time frame and she has already started gaining it back. My doctor told me not to even ask for it, he won't prescribe it for anyone. His opinion is that it's worse on your heart than being fat. I would just be sure to make sure you're changing your diet and working out and making that a lifestyle change or the weight will just come right back when you're done. Good luck and I hope it works for you :flowerforyou:
  • miriam1131
    Options
    Hello I was on Aidpex for about 1 1/2 months and yes I lose about 8 pounds. I found myself very aggratived about 20 to 30 minute after I took it. This was after I was ripping my family and friends a new head. I was angry about everything even things that would not usually bother me. So I quit taking it and now I have lose 5 more pounds with portion control. I hope this helps a little. Good luck in you weight loss. I'm cheering for you.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who got phentermine... she lost about 35lbs in 4 months. I was less than thrilled because she never REALLY tried to loose it on her own to begin with, other than walking her dogs a little more.. no gym, running, swimming, etc. I guess I was a little jealous because it took me two years to take off 30lbs the right way. Anyway she went awhile and about 6 months later got wellbutrin, which is technically an anti-depressent, but also has a appetite suppressant factor (the reason she got it).

I think that some people need the boost, even more so if they have A LOT to loose. And I don't think it's a bad thing if you're having trouble getting started or you're not loosing even after having tried other ways. I just had issues with her getting it when I KNOW she did nothing to try and loose it before her DR wrote the rx and she didn't want to loose more than the amount that the couple months on it would take off. Then she'd argue with me about why they would give it to her, but not to me... when I had all the same "excuses" that she came up with. I personally think you should have over a certain amount to loose (say at least 75lbs) before being given RX drugs. And should have to prove they have been doing other things to try and loose it and have been unsuccessful. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but her experience getting it bothered me a lot. Nothing against you, but doctors seem to be handing out narcotics like candy these days.

Have you looked up reviews of the Apidex online? The internet is an amazing resource.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I took it two years ago and lost 50 pounds in three months!!! It just made me feel full all the time. I was having to make myself eat!! and it gave me dry mouth so I drank alot of water. So yes it worked., but here I am two years later bigger than I was before I took them, trying to lose the natural way. It sounds like you are just wanted to take them short term to help boost your diet. That sounds fine, enless you start having any side effects! then stop! but as long as you are making the necessary changes in your lifestyle you should be fine. A pill isn't going to make you skinny, nor is it going to keep you skinny. It's going to take hard work and dedication regardless. Good Luck.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    :noway: After reading all these posts and having never taken Aidpex, it sounds like dope to me. Those rascally doctors are giving people speed! That's awful!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I just started the 37.5 mg. of adipex/phentermine yesterday. I took ephedra about 10 years ago and it gives me the same feeling. No hunger, a lot energy, etc. I'm really not a fan, but I am so sick of looking =in the mirror and seeing those damn last 10 pounds I am struggling with. Honestly, I don' t like the way I feel on it, but I'm just going to suck it up and do it. It's funny though, this place I went to was a clinical weight loss center, the "doc" kinda seemed like a quack. Basically took my measurements, a brief health history, and my 55 dollars and gave me b12 and phentermine. Easy as pie.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Stepping in here as somebody with a lot to lose, who has already lost quite a bit.

What are you going to learn by taking a pill to make you lose weight? When you stop taking it and you eat the way you always did, what do you think will happen? I have lost 76 pounds by eating right and exercising hard. No pills, no gimmicks, just will power.

I know I have learned the right way to treat my body. One of the benefits of getting healthier is that I take less medication.... no tylenol or advil and no pepcid in over 9 months. I have never felt this healthy. I can't see taking a pill to do this.

Just my 2 cents
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have the willpower to lose the weight, I have been struggling with medical problems that have made it really hard for me to lose the weight. I can lose 3-6 pounds one week and then the next week gain it all back plus some. I hadn't changed my eating or my exercise from the week before. It has been like this for about a year and half and it is hard. I get excited one week and then down the next....I eat really great..i don't eat processed foods, caffeine junk is out of the question.....

So we will see what happens with it. I know that some people will say you don't need a pill to help you but I am seeing if it will help me out.....

thanks