Abs and body fat %

Options
I want to be fit but not ripped. Like many women, my target area is my midsection. I'd like a flat stomach, but I don't necessarily need to have a 6-pack. Fit for sure, but not hard. Is this even possible?

What should my body fat % goal be? I haven't been formally tested, but I input my measurements into the military body fat % calculator and it estimated that I'm at 25% now. I can feel the muscles in my midsection, but I can pinch and inch and then some. I have some work to do on ab strength, since I had a baby in February, but I know that you'll never see them until I get rid of the flab.

Replies

• dawson55510
    dawson55510 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i think for a woman 18-29 is the range so 25% is middle range.

For a woman to have pretruding abs id say 15% would be getting there
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options

I have abs and my body fat is 16.8%. I started seeing them around 20%. It's different for everyone really. I never carried my weight in my waist- it's my legs for me....

If you carry your weight in your waist it will prolly be the last to go (as my legs are for me). All you can really do is get that body fat % down with a combo of cardio/strength/and fueling your body with enough good food!
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options

I have abs and my body fat is 16.8%. I started seeing them around 20%. It's different for everyone really. I never carried my weight in my waist- it's my legs for me....

If you carry your weight in your waist it will prolly be the last to go (as my legs are for me). All you can really do is get that body fat % down with a combo of cardio/strength/and fueling your body with enough good food!

I carry my weight in my hips and thighs, too. The belly is a relatively new problem for me since having children. 20% is the number floating around in my head, so maybe I'll see where that gets me. I'm 5 days into the 30 day shred and hoping that it will get me a long way to my goal!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm 25% now. My goal is 19%.

I've gotten to where I can very easily find my abs, but I can't see them yet.