I am earbud challenged

Options

Replies

• JenRLo
    JenRLo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i am too! ones in this style work for me when runnign

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Flexible-Headphones-SHS3200-28/dp/B003CJTR82/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1344001279&sr=8-16&keywords=headphones

They sell one's like these that are not buds, but just ear phones and wrap around the back of your neck and over your ear. I think I got mine at Target a few years ago for $12. They do take some getting used too, especially when you first put them on, but they will stay in place since they're hooked to your ears.

I use the squishy earbuds and love them but I was really sweaty yesterday and I could hear/feel it in my ears. Yuck. Plus buds a REALLY bad for your hearing. I'll probably switch back to my headset......
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I prefer to just pay a kid to ride his bike along side, with a giant old 80's boombox blaring.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I have tiny ear holes as well. I use LG Blue tooth headphones - they have a part that goes around the back of your neck and then wires up to the earbuds - love them. And I believe they come with different size buds - I always have to use the smallest ones.
  • amatiq
    amatiq Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I lol'd at the boombox thing. Two for one fitness.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I have this problem! I tried for years to find buds that stay in my ear. I finally found some though, they even stay in while running. My problem was my ears too big. I can't wear the iPod headphones or just any generic ear bud (sadly).

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&productId=8198552921665370685&langId=-1&XID=O:mdred12lp/slv:dg_gglsrch:pla&cagpspn=pla

The sound is really clear too. Also, everyone else can't hear your music blasting. You could find them on ebay or amazon cheaper than the Sony site. I got mine on Ebay.
  • mindygood
    mindygood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue and have tried multiple kinds... Yurbuds I just purchased a month ago...I figured the guarantee not fo fall out was crap ... however these lock in, are comfortable and have yet to fall out on me and don't hurt!!! I was so excited. I have been walking/running 4+ miles 3 x's a week and LOVE these!!!!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone else out there who simply cannot wear earbuds?
    <
    raises hand.

They not only fall out, but they hurt. Doesn't matter how small they are, they make my ears sore. I have a great Bose headset but I cant wear that outside. Someone needs to invent something different than earbuds.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I totally feel your pain. I have some skull candy red buds that I have to wear on the smallest plug and they still pop out. I tied to run with them when I bought them, no go. I'm probably going to pick up a pair of these new balance behind the neck pair just for jogging specifically. D:
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone else out there who simply cannot wear earbuds? I've tried 3 or 4 different brands, and none of them stay in my ears. I don't even have to be moving and they simply fall right out.

I want to get different headphones today, and was just wondering what other people use. I don't want huge ones, but I hate baby ones. Looking for suggestions!

(I only really wear headphones while jogging, btw)

I love my Skull Candy buds and I use the medium-sized ones so they'd fit snugly in my ears and not pop out.
  • nickmast78
    Options
    http://www.meelec.com/M6_Series_earphones_s/246.htm

sweatproof
    stay in ears all the time with no problems (comes with like 5 different types of ear tips)
    memory wire to hold them in place
    SOUND GREAT!

Don't buy them off of their website. Search around the internet for the best price

I went through about 3 pairs of earbuds trying to find one that would stay in my ears while running and sound great. These do both!

I got mine at best buy for $17 6 months ago

You will NOT be disappointed!

I tried these for a while but found I only like wearing them while working out indoors. I can't use them for listening to music at my desk or working out outside because (for me at least) they block out most other noise so I can't hear a coworker getting my attention or a car coming up on me. I biked for a long time so I'm used to hearing cars way before I see them. Definitely a good choice with the different tips...I got mine on Amazon.

I agree with that 100%. I would not use these for running outdoors as they block out most if not all outside noise. I use them for inside the gym.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I prefer to just pay a kid to ride his bike along side, with a giant old 80's boombox blaring.

Not only is the mental image funny, it's funny to think that there are some people on this site too young to have an accurate mental image of that.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people! That, plus the heat outside, has me jogging in place in my bedroom, in front of the A/C, with the radio blaring. Screw those earbuds.

When I used to jog as a teenager, I had a Sony cassette walkman with real headphones that went over your ears instead of inside them. I miss those. :brokenheart:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

That's awesome! :flowerforyou: :smokin:
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options

Not only is the mental image funny, it's funny to think that there are some people on this site too young to have an accurate mental image of that.

ROFL, agreed! :laugh:
  • Wilson929
    Wilson929 Posts: 100
    Options

:laugh: This for sure. it's the only way to go. You don't need a case, arm band, or anything... just send the kid back home !!
    Need to make a mix tape though.... that might take some time.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I find while jogging mine will sometimes fall out. If you wear a thick headband, pull it a bit over the top of your ear to cover some of the bud. I find that works.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people! That, plus the heat outside, has me jogging in place in my bedroom, in front of the A/C, with the radio blaring. Screw those earbuds.

When I used to jog as a teenager, I had a Sony cassette walkman with real headphones that went over your ears instead of inside them. I miss those. :brokenheart:

wow... walkman

*gets all nostalgic*

Now an ipod the size of a credit card is too big to carry. Silly kids these days.

• rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options

And I am officially hiring someone for this role!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Me too. I have tried several pairs and none stay in. Its a pain in the butt. I have found thought that if i get the little fuzzy covers for them they tend to stay in better.
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I am earbud challenged as well!!! I always say that I have "virgin ear holes"... LOL Anyway the only thing I can do is get the earbuds with the "hook" thingys that fit around my ear...