• Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Drink more water

YOUUU drink more water!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    If it's muscular soreness, push through it. The activity will actually be good for the muscles.

It it's an injury, or joint related, be careful. Not saying you should necessarily take a rest day, but be more cautious.
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    Check this out, they'll say it better than I can :)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/novice_overtraining.htm

Great link! :bigsmile:

No it is not a great link, it is a great link if you are doing muscle hypertrophy. Which 30Ds is not.

What the OP is describing is DOMS. Get over it, carry on. And then learn how to do active recovery, but if you cannot be bothered doing active recovery then that is fine, just carry on.

Or learn the difference between pain and discomfort, believe me if you have tennis elbow and do bicep curls you will know the difference. PAIN

Real pain is damage to tendons or joints or tearing muscles- muscle pain and DOMS is "That is sore but I can live with it"

The trouble is when the expression "No PAIN, No Gain" came about - true bodybuilders knew that meant the point of lactic acid flooding the muscle, triggering pain receptors and then the muscle failing. They never meant, EXCRUCIATING PAIN THAT LASTS OVER A MONTH.
  • ShadowChaser16
    Options
    I know the feeling, when I first started exercising all the pain was centered in my calves (fam had a good time laughing while I limped around the house with a grimace). I didn't stop though, mainly because I found if I worked out when I was sore the workout would warm up the muscles and make them looser, therefor relieving the pain.

So I would suggest just push through it, eventually you will stop being so sore the more your exercise!
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Drink more water

YOUUU drink more water!

Ok so today you did great at drinking more water ( :smile: ) but you have to stay hydrated all the time if you are going to be working out regularly.
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Check this out, they'll say it better than I can :)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/novice_overtraining.htm

Great link! :bigsmile:

No it is not a great link, it is a great link if you are doing muscle hypertrophy. Which 30Ds is not.

What the OP is describing is DOMS. Get over it, carry on. And then learn how to do active recovery, but if you cannot be bothered doing active recovery then that is fine, just carry on.

Or learn the difference between pain and discomfort, believe me if you have tennis elbow and do bicep curls you will know the difference. PAIN

Real pain is damage to tendons or joints or tearing muscles- muscle pain and DOMS is "That is sore but I can live with it"

The trouble is when the expression "No PAIN, No Gain" came about - true bodybuilders knew that meant the point of lactic acid flooding the muscle, triggering pain receptors and then the muscle failing. They never meant, EXCRUCIATING PAIN THAT LASTS OVER A MONTH.

Well don't worry...I don't need to learn the difference between pain and discomfort. I think I know the difference and this is def just discomfort..I was just saying that I'm really sore (more sore than I have been from any other work out) and seeing if it was ok to push through it and making sure that if I did, it wouldn't end up actually causing me real imjury. I've just ALWAYS been told to rest if I get too sore but I have intentions on doing the work out tonight! I'm pretty determined