*P*O*S*T*C*A*R*D* Pin-up’s Challenge! (NEW)

Options
My favorite challenges on MFP have been The Pin-up Girls Challenge and the Postcard Challenge and currently they both seem to be defunct. :brokenheart: Soooo... I thought I would try to potluck them together and see what I come up with. I would love any and all to join! The first Challenge will start on Monday August 6th and go until Friday August 20th.

Here is how it will work:

All you need you need to do is post here (or message me) your starting weight on Monday, August 3rd and then your final weight On Monday August 20th! Feel free to mingle and share things you like about being you or what tips for fellow Postcard Pin-ups, etc.

What I figure we could do for the winner of the postcard, would more of a treasure chest in envelope form. I would start out the envelope to the first person with several fun /silly /perhaps pretty /hopefully inspiring /words /quotes /fortunes /pictures / advice/ whatever works in an envelope and doesn’t cost the next person more than a stamp. The next person swaps out at least one thing (more if you chose)—and adds their own—and away it goes to the next winner! So needless to say winners need to be committed for at least the month they win so they can promptly mail the postal prize on to the next person. Hopefully the USPS will be kind to us and not lose our mail :flowerforyou:

What do y’all think?

I really liked how The Pin-up Girls had a chart that kept track of people and their progress and kind of did it 10’s if I remember right? 10 sounds good since it will bring us a little into the new year.

Thank you to all who join! I am trying to hold myself more accountable to being here and staying on track so I can do something I have wanted to try when it comes around again in the spring… but that is enough about me.

Let the first *P*O*S*T*C*A*R*D* Pin-ups Challenge begin! May the scale be ever in your favor :drinker:

Replies

• herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! =)
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun! I'm in!
  • radiocricket
    radiocricket Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!
  • Riley0617
    Riley0617 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • khaleesinoodlebelly
    khaleesinoodlebelly Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Today is wiegh in day!

&Yay we have some Pin-up's for Postcards (or postal goodness rather)! Just message me or post your weight here :)

Also @MuseumofAsh requested some additional challenges to get us to our goals. I thought it was a nifty idea! So feel free to participate with these as well! I thought I would stick to the basics since I am getting back in the swing of things.

Challenge One:

* Water!* : I know it sounds silly but I have never really been able to get into this one as much as I would like. And it should be so simple. They say to make permanent changes it is good to introduce these things gradually. So this challenge focus on getting your minimum water intake at 8 glasses of water a day! The people that are paid to know things about diet--like to tell us that often when we think we are hungry we may be thirsty--so try an nice cuppa H2o before meals and snacks to see if it helps what you eat feel more filling :)
    +
    Want more?
    +
    *Daily Calorie Goal* : Stay within the number you MFP(/or you) gave for you(/yourself to) get to your goal as many days as possible. I have heard when trying to lose weight once we lose control one day it is easy to lose track mentally of where you are wanting to be with things. From past experience I know how good it feels knowing I ended my day within my calorie goal--and even better when not hungry! A good way to stay in the calorie goal is to try to plan ahead. Even planning part of your day goes a long way! I know it is hard to fit in time but maybe find some fun in it. Cook! Or bake! MFP has this great recipe function that calculates calories and there are endless blogs/sites that have simple to adventurous recipies. Or wander your grocery store a little longer to see if there is something new and tasteful you would like to try and incorporate it into your meals/snacks.

Please feel free to share with us what you want to focus on for the next couple of weeks that will help you see the changes you want for you! Also I would love to hear more about anyone participating :) If you have time to encourage each other go for it :) It looks like we are going to be a small group and the best thing about smaller numbers is getting to know each other a little better. But if you know anyone that might be interested that didn’t see the post feel free to invite--anyone can join at any time!
  • wingednotes
    Options
    I've never done anything like this and would love to give it a try :) In!
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    I want to join! My weight today is 155. Waist is 30 at small part.
  • wingednotes
    Options
    161 according to Wii Fit. I've been hovering in this range for a while and am looking forward to some success :)
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Weight is 226 this morning. Now I can hide the scale until we weigh in next :happy: That scale drives me nuts, it never wants to move! :laugh:
  • dvelocity
    dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    OK I will play this game. I just joined MFP a little less than a week ago. I consider my starting weight to be 240 and I would like to get down to 135. I am just really learning how MFP works. I also quit smoking on the 1st. To start I am going to focus on meal planning and staying at my calorie goals.
  • radiocricket
    radiocricket Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Oops, missed the weigh in! I'm at 186 this morning. I've been doing MFP for almost a month now and love it!

@Learning2Love- hiding the scale is a great idea! I'm going to do that until our weigh in on the 20th!
  • khaleesinoodlebelly
    Options
    Thank you for all the joining! if you were meaning to join and haven't yet feel free to join still!
  • BLI23
    BLI23 Posts: 6
    Options
    MISSED THE WEIGH IN 230LBS
  • wingednotes
    Options
    New week!
    [161] ----> 158.5. Killed it this week! :)
  • dvelocity
    dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Checking in Current weight is 238
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I wanna join in. My starting weight is 179.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    what if youre not trying to lose weight :(
  • khaleesinoodlebelly
    Options
    1st weigh in day!! :D
  • khaleesinoodlebelly
    Options
    hmm..I am a little stumped how to work in goals besides losing :\ What are your goals that maybe we can work with?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    its ok i'll look for something else