Options
2»

Replies

• mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    I ate 175g of fat yesterday.

Beat THAT people.

WOW!!!:noway: :noway: :noway: That is 1575 calories of fat alone!!!:sick: :sick: :sick:

Yep...or my iPhone app is completely wrong.

Either way, I've still managed to lose 2 pounds this week and I usually average around 90-100g of fat per day.
  • MrsE2010
    Options
    OK. You got me. How did you do that?!
  • mrd232
    Options
    OK. You got me. How did you do that?!

Well, I eat about 60% of my daily calories in dietary fat, about 25% in protein, and around 15% in carbohydrate for a total of anywhere from 1200-1600 cals total per day.

It's what works for me. There's a few others around here that are in the same nutrient profile. Some follow low-carb diets, some eat real, whole foods. I'm a cross between the two theories.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's just one meal in a long series of meals you'll be consuming for the next 70 + years or so. :tongue: When it comes to weight loss, it's calories that count most. I have high fat days, low fat days, and in-between fat days.
  • mrd232
    Options
    BUT there's one important caveat...

I try to stay away from high-fat foods like deep fried anything or sugary fattening treats like ice cream, donuts, cake, etc. etc.

They're definitely on the strict cheat list only because they're not healthy dietary fats as they're mostly batter, sugar, processed oils etc. Ice cream is my one pitfall. I do like a small scoop here and there. Fried stuff, eh, I can leave it alone.