Stress eating

Options
Well.....since I've started this diet a week ago, I've lost 6 pounds... I have been pretty successful with my emotional eating. I haven't been running to food for comfort. But I can tell you, it feels like a ton of bricks when the stress comes my way....I tend to be more nervous for longer periods of time. Talking to a friend generally works and it's FAR more healthier!

Yay for me!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    Well.....since I've started this diet a week ago, I've lost 6 pounds... I have been pretty successful with my emotional eating. I haven't been running to food for comfort. But I can tell you, it feels like a ton of bricks when the stress comes my way....I tend to be more nervous for longer periods of time. Talking to a friend generally works and it's FAR more healthier!

Yay for me!

:flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!!!
    I am a stress eater too. But I find that after using this site for the past couple of months I am more inclined to think before I stuff my face so it has helped tremendously and I feel full sooner. This site is great!!!!

Memaw:flowerforyou:
  • tatumas
    Options
    This happened to me last night, actually. I was feeling a bit PMSish. I had eaten dinner earlier in the night (before 7pm) and around 9:30pm I was starving and wanted something fatty!! I almost made myself a turkey burger...I even got out all the ingredients and just as I was about to turn on the microwave, I said "What would my fitness pals do?!?!" HAHA! So I ended up putting the food back in the fridge and drank a little skim milk instead. I hadn't had my milk for the day and it is a quick 30 minute fix for my hunger.

I think I need to invest in more fat free snacks and fruit, but I really wanted something with some substance last night.