HI I'm new here .. Excited about this program

Options
I'm so excited to be on this journey and to have so many people that are using this program along with me. My husband and I are doing this together. We have been very supportive to each other.. I do all the cooking and he helps me with the dishes.. I can't complain about that.. We are still getting used to all the cool things included with this program. We are finding out just how many calories some of the foods we used to eat are.. and how we can impliment them into our diet by counting the calories daily. I love the daily log that show you how much you can lose by a certain day. That really motivates me to work harder at exercising.. I do 30 minutes on a treadmill and sometimes I use the stationary bike for 30 minutes.. Do a strength training work out for about 15 minutes.. I wish everybody the best of luck! I will be posting some recipes to share..

Replies

• Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! :)
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this sight is great. Lots of informative reading as well I will push one with all the great reading up to the top of the message board.

Have a great day:bigsmile:
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!

You will always find advice and encouraging words on our message boards! The best thing to remember is that you didn't get overweight overnight... and you're not going to lose it overnight either. Take it one day at a time and "keep your eye on the prize"!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to be on this journey and to have so many people that are using this program along with me. My husband and I are doing this together. We have been very supportive to each other.. I do all the cooking and he helps me with the dishes.. I can't complain about that.. We are still getting used to all the cool things included with this program. We are finding out just how many calories some of the foods we used to eat are.. and how we can impliment them into our diet by counting the calories daily. I love the daily log that show you how much you can lose by a certain day. That really motivates me to work harder at exercising.. I do 30 minutes on a treadmill and sometimes I use the stationary bike for 30 minutes.. Do a strength training work out for about 15 minutes.. I wish everybody the best of luck! I will be posting some recipes to share..

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you (and your hubby!) WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • jwilson56
    Options
    Well Becky is my better half.....we have committed to doing this and promised each other neither one of us would 'derail' us with baking (hint-hint) or buying anything we shouldn't have...hehehe

Thanks for all the support..

John
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Well Becky is my better half.....we have committed to doing this and promised each other neither one of us would 'derail' us with baking (hint-hint) or buying anything we shouldn't have...hehehe

Thanks for all the support..

John

You will find LOTS of support here, that's for sure John! :happy:
    Everyone is so great. :love: You and your wife are going to be as addicted and thrilled with MFP as the rest of us "LOSERS" in no time, if you aren't already! :smile:
  • bekmom57
    Options
    Things are going well.. Lost 7 lbs so far.. Feel great..
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp:flowerforyou: