South Beach Diet Question

Options
I just started doing South Beach this week and I was wondering...

I have always heard if you stop doing the diet you gain the weight back but I assume that means you go back to your unhealthy food choices.

I lost 20 pounds in two months by following mfp calorie restriction but I have lost 6 pounds in the last week by doing SB.

So my question is if I stop doing South Beach and return to 1200 calories will I gain back the weight I have lost just because I am eating carbs again, even though I am still at a calorie deficit?

Thanks in advance for you help. I'm so confused!! :smile:

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I did the south beach diet and lost 12 lbs in 1 month while being on it south beach diet isn't a diet it's a life style change and that's why there are 3 phases. If you are going phase 1 just for that quick weight lost and then go back to eating tons of carbs and not watching what you eat then yea of course you'll gain the weight back. But if you follow the book and go through all the phases then you should keep the weight off cause it teaches you to make healthy food choices for the rest of your life .. Alot of people think sb is just a quick fix but it's not you have to follow the book and keep at it.... And if you do find your self slipping and eating junk then you start over again with phase 1...
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    If you read through the South Beach diet book it will explain that through the different phases, you slowly add the "good" carbs back into your diet. I followed this plan a few years ago when I initially decided to lose weight, and was very successful on it.

I'm not on any "diet" anymore, but the best thing that the SBD did for me was teach me about food and the glycemic index. I strongly believe that knowledge about nutrition is your best weight loss tool.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Shelley130
    Options
    I agree with you but I didn't do it as a quick fix, more as a try it and see if I like it. I've decided that I don't like it just want to know what the repercussions are to going back to what I was doing before.