Disappointed

April0815
April0815 Posts: 780 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I work out with a personal trainer Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. She was sick Wednesday and she just called and still isn't feeling well. I wanted to work out so bad. I was going to go anyway but I haven't done weight lifting by myself before.

Replies

• if you belong to a gym, go at least do your cardio, and some of the machines, those are pretty fool proof, and at least you can keep your stamina going while your trainer recovers.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Just go and try the machines. Go for a walk or a jog. Do *something*. Your trainer won't always be there, they're supposed to do just that - train you. Consider it a sneak preview of when the training is over.

As for lifting, its pretty foolproof. Most gyms have diagrams of the different lifts on the wall somewhere. Just stick to the charts and you should be fine. Anything you lift is using your muscles 100% of the time. You're just trying to make sure that you're using the right ones :smile:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    you still should workout regardless if your trainer isn't there no need to miss the gym-
  • Too bad you live so far away. My car broke down today and I don't have a ride to the gym. You could pick me up and I'ld lift weights with you. LOL

I think I'm going to do a workout vidio on Netflix tonight at home. Cardio always makes me happy.
    :smile:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    I had already done my cardio that morning. I did go to the gym after work and did a workout alone. I just need to start paying attention now to the weight I am lifting for all the different ones I am doing. I have been depending on her just having it all written down.
This discussion has been closed.