Sometimes its good to ignore the scale

Options
If you guage my progress by the scale you would think i am not doing good but if you guage it by my fat % and if you look at my clothes size you would say your doing awesome.

I weigh 176-179 (fluctuates) wear a size 8 and have a fat % of 24.5% I used to be 26 a couple of months ago. My goal is to get to below 20% I would like the scale to go down but once I hit a certain weight range my body holds on for dear life but luckily my muscles burn the fat.

Replies

• tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Yeah your doing great because I wt 185 and am still a size 14 (which the 14 I'm pretty darn proud of)
    Good Job
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Yeah your doing great because I wt 185 and am still a size 14 (which the 14 I'm pretty darn proud of)
    Good Job

thats good- I want to be a size 8 my husband teases me and says I am goin to be 170 and a size 2 lol
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I told my son to hide my scale again because the numbers keep inching up even though I seem to be losing inches. I can comfortable wear my size 10 jeans now.even with the scale saying I gained three pounds back. For the first time since starting this lifestyle change I believe I can maybe get down to a size 8. WOOHOO!! How exciting that would be. Last night my hrm said I have 25% body fat. I'll get that down yet!

Keep up the good work. You'll get there. :flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    thanks I get my fat pinched- I don't go by any computers- I hate getting my fat percent taken my heart races and everything.
    But when its all done I feel better-

keep up the hard work it will pay off.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Good Job

That's okay. I am 179 and a size 14. It depends on your height also though.. like I am only 5'3". But I can see in, maybe 5 lbs, going down to a 12. :)

Great job though girl! You are getting super healthy! :) Keep lowering that fat percentage!
  • shells22
    shells22 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You guys are absolutely right! I think with the scale, you have to add or deduct about 5 pounds because it's also in the tummy waiting to escape. I always thought looking at the scale wouldn't make me sad ever, but I feel like I'm trying SO much this time...it is disappointing. Blah lol. Anywho, I agree it's good to ignore the scale, humph.
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    seriously...the scale sometimes is not even a good tool...like you hear all the time. I can drop 2 sizes, and only a few pounds? which is more important..pounds or size.
    I constantly see people bemoaning the fact that they haven't lost any weight and then they go on to say...oh yeah , but I've lost 3 inches around my waist!
    I think...HUH?

Cindy:smile:
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    Good Job

That's okay. I am 179 and a size 14. It depends on your height also though.. like I am only 5'3". But I can see in, maybe 5 lbs, going down to a 12. :)

Great job though girl! You are getting super healthy! :) Keep lowering that fat percentage!

I am 5'4 1/2 I hit the weights really hard though- So I am more muscle hence why my fat % is going down.

Keep up the good work and thank you
  • toribug
    toribug Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you guys did this post. I am 5'2 and 178lbs. I am wearing a 16 that is loose and I can now get into the 14's but they are still a little tight :happy: . I have been confused by the scale and it just seems like no matter what I do the thing doesn't move :grumble: . I did just clear out another two stacks of clothes from my closet so I know I am still losing inches. When I last weighed 155lbs I wore a size 16 so I guess that's why I have been so confused on the scale issue. All the reports say I should weigh around 137lbs, last time I weighed that I was a size 7. I have a personal trainer and have gained a lot of muscle. We just had a discussion at work and they said I have lost a lot of inches and to ignore the scale because of the weight of the muscle I have gained. I bet I also have at least 10+ lbs of flab on the tummy from the baby belly (3 kids) and I did not have good genes when it came to stretch marks. They are all the way up to the bottom of my rib cage. I see a tummy tuck in my future :sad: But, I have went from a size 20 to the 16 since April, so yea, but my goal was to be back in a size 10 by Dec which I don't see that happening just yet. I wish I was like some of the people on here who lose it like 10lbs a month but I'm not. But, I will keep trying
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Good Job

I am 5'4 1/2 I hit the weights really hard though- So I am more muscle hence why my fat % is going down.

Mine is dropping too. I am using the tape measure method though - so I know it's an approximation. Still way too high for my liking, but continuous efforts on my part of working out and strength training will really help. :P

Keep it up! :drinker:
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Good Job

Mine is dropping too. I am using the tape measure method though - so I know it's an approximation. Still way too high for my liking, but continuous efforts on my part of working out and strength training will really help. :P

I'm 5'7" 155lbs and I'm in a size 10... tight 8, should be comfy in about 5lbs if past history says anything. DEFINITE hourglass shape here if that makes a difference, the darn hips never go away. I should take a picture of myself and play the game guess my weight and size... no one EVER believes me lol. That might be fun for everyone actually.
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    Good Job

I'm 5'7" 155lbs and I'm in a size 10... tight 8, should be comfy in about 5lbs if past history says anything. DEFINITE hourglass shape here if that makes a difference, the darn hips never go away. I should take a picture of myself and play the game guess my weight and size... no one EVER believes me lol. That might be fun for everyone actually.

I am hourglass too (best shape ever) I am also very muscular so I look smaller than I actually weigh.

I want my scale to drop of course but if I can look and be a size 6 and just weigh more than fine.with me. Its not going to be easy I would like to lose 25lbs and its probably going to take me a long time but I am not gonna stop