sleepy?

Options
does anyone else have this problem? No matter how much sleep i get, which is usually 7 to 9 hours, i still get soooo sleepy during the day.

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    sometimes I get fatigued like that around my cycle. I started marking my calendar because I was having some weeks of HAVING To take a nap in the late mornings or early afternoons. :blushing:
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    yep. me me! pick me! lol

i have a severe iron deficiency, but my iron makes me sick. so lose lose for me. still working on that one, i sleep 7-9 hours every night and still fight to get up and want to nap when i get home. regular excercise is helping a bit,
    could be a number of things tho, iron, b12, sleeping environment [tv on in bedroom?] etc.

never hurts to get your blood checked to rule everything out :smile:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Do you take a multi vitamin? I've found since I started taking one that I feel less tired. I take women's one a day and I get a lot of sleep too so I know how you feel. I'm also more tired when I don't work out...

~Leash :heart:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    oooh, leash, I think I need to start taking vitamins! Yep, I don't take one, no idea why but on my list now, see if it helps! thx
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    oooh, leash, I think I need to start taking vitamins! Yep, I don't take one, no idea why but on my list now, see if it helps! thx

Yea I really think that it helps, I also take calcium and vitamin C but I just switched to the women's one a day and I really think that its working...

~Leash :heart:
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of a good multi-vitamin that isn't the size of a horse pill? I gag when trying to swallow big pills... not attractive to throw up when trying to take a vitamin lol.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of a good multi-vitamin that isn't the size of a horse pill? I gag when trying to swallow big pills... not attractive to throw up when trying to take a vitamin lol.

I bought gummy vitamins! I have always had an issue with taking the pill....now I eat my 2 gummies every morning. The whole dang family takes them now:flowerforyou:
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are sleeping too much. I know when I sleep too much I feel drowsy the whole day. Just a thought.
  • tris82
    tris82 Posts: 3
    Options
    It sounds like a hormone in-balance. You might want to find out what your hormone levels are by your doctor.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I honestly cannot remember where I read this but I'll share it with you anyway.

When we sleep our body takes over and alot of hormones are released during the sleep process. Growth hormone and another one are the most important hormones released during this time. Sleeping less than 8 hours can interupt this process and obviously cause long term effects. But a study somewhere showed that sleeping more than 8 hours can be just as disruptive during the waking hours.

I'm saying what I remember, sorry I don't have a source or a link to quote from. But I guess the gist of it is to try to get on just an eight hour sleep schedule for a few weeks and see if there is a difference. Also, have you considered sleep apnea? Maybe you are sleeping for that long, but not actually reaching a deep sleep, making you tired all day long.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Christy.......do you space out meals 300 cals every 3 hours or so? I found that once I did this my energy level went up. I do not get that sleepy feelign in the afternoon any more.

Now that you mention it, I have been off on my food this week. Maybe that is why I feel so yucky.

The doctor told me that this is the best for your body because it keeps the blood sugar from plummeting then spiking when you eat again.

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I am always tired but I live a crazy hectic life that is going to get even more crazy come next month. The crazy thing is I don't take naps not like I have a chance to take a nap but even if I could I can't sleep during the day. So I have to deal with being tired some days more than others but I do take a multi vitamin.

Because when I get too tired I get run down and I end up getting sick so I need the vitamin to help me from getting sick