Maybe this is a weird question but....

Options

Replies

• SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I don't think it has to be a significant amount of weight. Since I started running and losing - my feet have shrunk a bit. Only a 1/2 size, but it can be quite annoying in heels.
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    Yup. Actually, the first place I typically notice weight loss is in my feet and elbows. Kind of makes my legs look ridiculous...I have bigger calves and thighs, okay ankles, and then these thin, flat feet. Bahaha. :blushing:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I lost 45 lbs, wore a 10 and now I can do 9 1/2 or 9's depending on the shoe. There is hope!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I've lost a size in my feet, but I also gained a size in my feet on the way up to my highest weight...

and those are some sexy cowboy boots you are wearing!

*drool*
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Has anyone who has had a decent amount of weight loss had their feet shrink?? I'm just wondering b/c a friend of mine had the Gastric Bypass last year and she lost over 100 lbs and now her feet are almost two sizes smaller...as a girl with rather large feet *pretty tall* i'm kind of hoping for the same results!!

:laugh:

When I first lost weight I did lose some fat in my feet.
  • Martina_Who
    Martina_Who Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    not a weird Q!

It can be true, I've known/heard people drop a shoe size or two

BUT :/

No matter what weight I'm been my feet have never changed size :(
    Would love them to be smaller as they are the largest size available and can be really hard finding shoes that fit and are comfy as a lot of shoes run small :(

I hope yours shrink tho! good luck xxxx
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I lost a significant amount of weight before and my feet went from a 9 W to a 9M. I went from 200 lbs to 183-186lbs
  • petergarcia82
    petergarcia82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am down half a size.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I wear 14s... Yeah.

Odds are that the bones are recentering. Extra weight can make them spread out, as well as fat, and 100lbs would be greatly impacting to the pressure on the foot. Her arches probably went from flat to arched. Fat isn't likely to make they longer, but wider, so I guess you could go to a narrow if you lost enough. You'd have to weigh quite a long for them to be elongated.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    One of my MFP pals posted that her feet were a smaller size now so I guess it is possible.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I thought I was just weird. Haha. Glad to know I'm not alone!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    My feet are certainly slimmer and much less inclined to puffiness at the instep. Even my husband has noticed.

ETA My shoe size is still the same just the width has changed.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I used to wear 11w. Now I wear 10.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I was a 9 before I gained. At my high weight I wore an 11. I'm in a 10 now.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost much weight, but my feet are smaller. It was the first place I really noticed weight loss, too, which was really frustrating. I walked out of my favorite pair of shoes.

"Really, Weight Loss Fairy? You're making my FEET smaller?! Gee... thanks."
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of dress shoes that were always tight on me and now they fit comfortably. A friend at work who has also dropped weight has said he noticed the same thing.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Yes, when I gained weight my feet got bigger. Now that I am slimmer, my shoe size is down a whole size. Had to buy all new shoes. I am a shoe *kitten* so I didn't mind the shoe shopping! lol
  • waytogoraus
    Options
    I went from 238.8lbs to 147.3 & my shoe sizes went from 11/11.5 to about 9.5. I've always had wider feet (still do) but my feet are definitely thinner. Who knew how much fat could accumulate around your feet? ;)
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    OH I hope so!

I'm a size 9 or 10 ... I would love to be a size 8 or so.
  • aspen_matthews
    Options
    I never thought I had fat feet or anything but I used to be a size 9.5 and now, 80lbs lighter, I'm a size 8. I'm 5'7" if that makes any difference. I know my fingers got smaller as well but I don't know what size I used to be, but my ring finger is a size 4.5 now.