Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Measure! My 5 month progress

kympow
kympow Posts: 145 Member
This is copied from my blog, but in hopes it could motivate someone else I am posting it here as well.

I am sooo glad I am keeping my measurements! If you have not yet measured... I highly suggest it, even if you are midway through your journey... when the scale does't move...usually the inches do when the scale doesn't.

So my numbers:

Weight is down 42.6 pounds

Forearm is down 2 inches

bi cep is down 2 inches (got some batwings--just less)

waist is down 4.5 inches

Hips is down 2.5 inches

Thigh is down 3 inch

Calf is down 0.5 inch

neck is down 1 inch

Chest is down 2 inches

ribs is down 6 inches

That is a total of 12.5 inches and 42.6 pounds!

Started my health eating on march 3rd. I usually eat around 1,530 calories per day. I take a free food day only if I have been good on my diet for the 6 following days. I eat up to 450 calories per meal and I don't eat for 3 hours after a meal. I have not exercised at all yet (recovering my knee surgery) and prior to the surgery was to sore to exercise (knee injury started in November).

I have 133 pound to go where I want to be. But will be happy if I make it 107 pounds gone... It just depends where my body falls to.

Once I reach close (within 10 pounds) of where I want to be then I will have another surgery to correct a physical problem.

My health as soooo improved! I am a type 2 diabetic (who is off my insulin and a oral pill, I have high blood pressure (off one of 2 pills for that), having had thyroid cancer last year...my weight change has allowed me to lower my thyroid medication :), high cholesterol is in a great range-- just working on my health cholesterol which is low by a few points.

Currently take 4 pills per day(I will always have at least 1 pill)

Highest daily amount was 11 pills per day.

:heart: Looking forward to the next 5-6 months and the changes that happens :):heart:

Replies

• SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • missyKsmith69
    missyKsmith69 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks for sharing that and it's wonderful news...your truly an inspiration ; ):flowerforyou:
  • Good Job!!
  • kympow
    Thank you ladies :)
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Way to go!! Measurements are so important because the scale can be tempermental lol
  • kympow
    Way to go!! Measurements are so important because the scale can be tempermental lol

Thank you and Absolutely!!!
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Great job!! Hope I can lose some serious inches off mah waist!
  • reddevil29
    reddevil29 Posts: 169 Member
    Your rockin this new lifestyle Kym....!!
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    That's awesome! Keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing.
  • kympow
    Thank you everyone so much! I have a goal.... and in just 8 pounds I will be less then what I was in high school.
    I am trying to be a good "food" role model to my kids (they actually like veggies who knew :))...
    I would not be as far today as what I am without my awesome MFP friends. When I am down you bring me up ;) The support here has been amazing....

We each have it in us, we each can be successful :) with each other!
  • WAY TO GO! THAT'S AWESOME!
  • Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    CONGRATS ON REGAINING CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE!!! GLAD YOU ARE GETTING HEALTHY! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!