Chinese food.....

Options
Cindy393
Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
I'm going to our favorite Chinese buffet for dinner tonight-this will be my first cheat meal in weeks.

What should I absolutely avoid? I'm not well-seasoned in the calorie department for Chinese food!

Thanks!!

Replies

• mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Anything fried... so basically everything :laugh:

Have some won ton soup, or ask for a veggie stirfry with little or no oil.

Or you can just relax for one night, enjoy yourself and have an extra fabulous workout tomorrow!

Enjoy, it's one of my favorites.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    The stuff that's fried and then covered is sauce like general tso's chicken, honey chicken, orange chicken, etc... They are usually very high on calories... they're delicious, but oh so evil.

I don't really know about the other stuff.

I generally try to have beef and broccoli or chicken and broccoli. I know it's not the best meal, but Chinese is generally a "cheat" for me as well, so I spluge a little.
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Mongolian beef with the onions and peppers. I know it has sauce, but it's not deep fried.

I think I will splurge a little - and I will live it up and eat at least an eggroll.....but leave the General Tso's alone :)

I'm planning on weeding all day outside tomorrow in 95 degree heat with 3000% humidity, plus that extra workout and lots of water. I've been sooooo good and eating under my calories every day, so I'll allow this little splurge with in reason!