New to boards, saying hello

deagh93
deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm female, early 40's, 5'10", and have about 100lbs to lose. I started MyFP about a month and a half ago, on the recommendation of my doctor. I've done WW in the past, and lost 50lbs on it. Lost my job in 2003, though, and had to quit WW, and of course I put it all back on.

Fast forward to now. I had a much older half-sister that could be my twin in looks - Dad's genes are strong. She was much older, and due to family reasons we never met. She was 5'1" or so and ~150lbs overweight. She passed at age 51. I was looking through some old family albums and I saw a picture of her at 40 or so, which is the age I am now. I looked at that picture...it was my face on the body that I'm going to have eventually if I don't do something. Plus I really would rather not die in 10 years, thanks.

So I'm doing something. It's been 40 days and I've lost 8.5lbs so far. I'm feeling good about this. I am not perfect, and that's ok. I'm learning to practice better eating habits and in the last two weeks I've introduced exercise into my routine. I'm sore, and some days I want to punch that little Wii-Fit avatar, but I'm keeping with it.

So, that's me. I decided to introduce myself to the boards because this is working well, but I'm feeling a little lonely in this. That's something I miss about WW - the feeling of having company on the journey, as it were.

Thanks for your time :smile:

Replies

• Welcome. This has worked for me. I would be happy to be your MFP friend. Send me a friend request if you're interested. I can never have too many friends. :flowerforyou:
  • mason045
    mason045 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello!

You and I sound alot alike. I'm new the the message board thing as well, and family medical history plays a HUGE part as to why I'm trying to lose weight. Welcome to FP! Keep up the great work! :happy: