Down 40 pounds!!!

Options
Lisa0711
Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
I just got on the scale this morning and I was very pleased to see that I have lost exactly 40 pounds now! I had been at almost a standstill at my weight loss, so I decided to try something different. I haven't had any sweets since Sunday, and I've lost 2 pounds in 5 days because of it! But keep in mind I used to have 1-2 treats daily (nothing really big, but I guess it amounted to more than I had thought...). But regardless, it has worked! And what's even better is that my cravings are almost 0 for sweets now. I just wanted to see how much of an impact sweets really had, and evidently it's a big one. But if I can give them up for a while, anyone can! Just wanted to brag a little!!:wink:

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's soo great! :flowerforyou:
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Yay! You are an inspiration! Keep up the good work!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! :flowerforyou: You've done a great job!!! :drinker: :smile:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Gratz! That's fantastic! you've figured out what was holding you back!
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Yay! Keep up the great work!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep it up! :drinker:
  • blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    congrats:bigsmile: thats awesome. just curious, how long did it take you to lose 40 lbs??
  • rob_in_wisc
    Options
    Great job. I'll be there soon because of people like you.

Rob
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I cut the sweets out for the last 3 days too and dropped 2-3 pounds. I've also been really good at logging and making other good choices, but I'm sure it's the sweets that were messing me up too.
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    congrats:bigsmile: thats awesome. just curious, how long did it take you to lose 40 lbs??

Well, I started March 2008, so over a year and a half. But I wasn't consistent with it. I would go through phases (mostly last year) of losing. But in the beginning it took me about 9 months to lose 15 pounds. I guess I wasn't too serious and it was hard for me starting out. But the last year I have been a lot more serious and I've lost about 25, 12 of which has been since I joined MFP in mid August.
    I could have lost a lot more if I stayed away from bread and sweets all along, but it just took this rut for me to finally give them up! Of course I will eat them again, but nowhere near as much as I did before. I think I'm going to start having a cheat meal once a week. I've heard this really helps a lot of people... (sorry that was so long winded lol)

Also, thanks to everyone for the encouragement! It really means a lot! :happy:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!

emoticon-animal-023.gif
  • blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Well, I started March 2008, so over a year and a half. But I wasn't consistent with it. I would go through phases (mostly last year) of losing. But in the beginning it took me about 9 months to lose 15 pounds. I guess I wasn't too serious and it was hard for me starting out. But the last year I have been a lot more serious and I've lost about 25, 12 of which has been since I joined MFP in mid August.
    I could have lost a lot more if I stayed away from bread and sweets all along, but it just took this rut for me to finally give them up! Of course I will eat them again, but nowhere near as much as I did before. I think I'm going to start having a cheat meal once a week. I've heard this really helps a lot of people... (sorry that was so long winded lol)

Also, thanks to everyone for the encouragement! It really means a lot! :happy:
    [/quote]

I hear you about being consistent, that is my BIGGEST problem...and the sweets too. But when I have a "cheat" day I go off and make it a whole day!!
    Its a struggle....but I am sure we all struggle!
    GL with further weight loss!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    That's great! :flowerforyou:
    I completely understand the part about taking a long time - but maybe it will be better in the long run.
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! Keep up the hard work. I can hardly wait until I can say I have lost 40lbs:flowerforyou:
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hey there Blondie925... huge congrats on your weight loss!! I have a question for ya. When you say no sweets... what do you mean by sweets? Are you talking about a low cal, Sugar free sort of sweet or like a straight up cookie? Just curious since it really helped your weight loss this week.
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Hey there Blondie925... huge congrats on your weight loss!! I have a question for ya. When you say no sweets... what do you mean by sweets? Are you talking about a low cal, Sugar free sort of sweet or like a straight up cookie? Just curious since it really helped your weight loss this week.

Thank you!
    Honestly I just did this to try it and to prove to myself that I do have that much willpower. It was just a bet (with myself..lol) that I could go for a week without breaking down and eating sweets. I didn't eat any junk sweets like NO candy, cake, cookies, etc. - but I did eat fruits and yogurt (the good for you stuff). I drank only water with the exception of 1 glass of diet lemonade from Chick-fil-a. But the interesting thing is I didn't really cut out much else from my diet. I stayed within my calorie ranges and it seemed to do the trick!
    Good luck on those last 11!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: way to go!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!!! It is hard to break the "sweets" habit but once you do so many other foods start tasting so much better. Fruit becomes AMAZING and then even normal things become too sweet, like processed breads. I didn't like WW bread because it tasted bitter to me. After giving up sugar I realized just how yummy it is!

Congratulations on the 40# but more importantly congratulations on a positive step towards a life time of health!!!:drinker:

DD
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!