Newbie who needs ideas

I want to change my life style and eating habits although not bad obviously I like my food. After haveing to have high dose intravienous steroids I have put on another stone in a month :sad: So please please I need some ideas on how to stay full on low cal food - but need calcium especialy Any help appreciated

Replies

• loumaag
    loumaag Posts: 118
    Let me just say, the IV steroids are going to be a problem, because they added the weight and since you say they were high dosage, it is going to take 45 to 60 days to lose what they added alone; there is no way around that. That said, according to your profile you are looking to lose 100 lbs. Okay, remember, you didn't put it all on in a year, so it is not going to come off that quickly, but, providing you were honest with the setup here at MFP, it will come off. My ticker indicates my progress since May 16th of this year (I know, I didn't join until June, but I "fixed" the ticker) and shows what I have accomplished in that time frame. My profile is public, take a look, it is pretty obvious I like my food also, I just make better choices now. You can do it! Spend some time going around the forums, take a look at the success stories forum for inspiration, don't fall for "fad" diets. You're a nurse, use common sense.