Running Watch

Options
Now that I have lost some weight, I want to start training for a half marathon. Does anybody have some suggestions on what running watch to buy to help in training? Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

Replies

• jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I am working on improving my 5k speed. I just purchased a basic Casio running watch (CAS77). Has 60 lap memory, 4 daily alarms and one snooze alarm, 50m waterproof. It also has a countdown timer that beeps every x seconds that you program. You can insert your average stride length and it will keep track of how far you have run (my description is based on the description in the users manual which I did not understand).

I have used the stop watch and the lap timers for determining my speed over various parts of my runs. I enter the values into a spread sheet to get metrics on my run. Very pleased so far!

This watch is similar to a TIMEX I had a long time ago when I was running.
  • 512cheangela
    Options
    I am enjoying my MotoACTV. It's an MP3, GPS, HRM, and workout logging tool built into one. I am training for a marathon and slightly concerned how the battery is going to fare when I start doing runs that are 3+ hours, but for half training it should be great. I also loved my Garmin forerunner 305 very much, but I'm kind of digging going for runs with only one gadget.
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    If you want an awesome running watch that calculates distance pace and heart rate..a Garmin is the way to go! I have a Garmin 305 Forerunner and it is amazing..couldnt imagine running without it!