I am new :D

Options
Hello!

Two years ago, July 2010, my boyfriend decided to put a end to our relationship, after 7 1/2 years being together, trying for our first baby and our engagement. This is when I got a reality check...I was almos 200 pounds for 5'3''.
I was heart broken and couldn't eat anything...in 2 weeks, I lost almost 10 pounds. This is when I decided to continue loosing weight. I started eating healthy. September 1 2010, I weighed 175 pounds; I had lost around 20ish pounds only by eating healthy. I decided to go to the gym and by February 2011, I was down to 151 pounds and this is also when I met my current boyfriend.
I started my bad habbits again and here I am, up to 176 pounds again. I don't want to go where I was 2 years ago so I have decided to commit myself to get control of my body.
I heard about MyFitnessPal application on the iPhone and decided to give it a try few months ago. This is by far the best application I have on my iPhone! Then, I decided to come and see their website...I am not quite familiar yet with it, but it seems really neat!

I hope I'll find some comfort and encouragement here...

:)

Mel.

Replies

• KayeG79
    KayeG79 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm fairly new here as well but so far I love it! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like!
  • jeannesheehy
    Options
    Good for you for getting back to healthy eating and exercise: making yourself a priority! I recently attended a seminar for mindful
    eating and the term they used was that you are "in charge" of yourself. I like this concept; it implies that I am the boss of me and no one else can do or undo my weight loss; no one else can MAKE me do anything. I have lost and gained back weight, too. My most successful time was in 1995 lost 40 pounds and kept it off for 5 years. I am at an all-time high that is 15 pounds above where it was in 1995, but this time I feel like this is where I WANT to be, not that I SHOULD. Good luck! Would love to keep in touch!
  • AprilFoolGirl
    AprilFoolGirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You will love this site, people are so encouraging. I would be happy to cheer you on. Add me if you would like. AFG
  • Ravin714
    Ravin714 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Mel,
    You sound a lot like I was when 2 relationships ended..First the depression weight loss then another relationship and I got to comfortable. I actually gained weight AFTER we divorced because I felt so much better :ohwell: ...Then I cashed my own reality check and my story is just after yours here :smile: You can do this, I can do this, we all can do this..I have Faith in all of us that we want to be healthy, happy and smile a genuine smile :happy: Good luck to you and all here.